Windows Live Mail???

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WilliamP, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

My wife's computer has Win.7 64 Bit and Win.Live Mail for E Mail. We are on ATT. DSL internet. The Live Mail will work for a while,then it won't connect. It says we put in the wrong password. I don't understand because nothing has been changed. I don't know how Windows Live Mail works. The account in LM is set up with the correct E Mail address and password. Why would it not send out the correct password?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

How do you make it work/connect again. Do you restart? What security software is in use?

3. WilliamP

It seems to correct itself,and work for a while,then stop connecting.

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Could just be a temporary problem with your ISP and their servers... see if it clears up in a day or two. If not, maybe contact your ISP and see if they can help.

5. WilliamP

I have just spent 2 hours on the phone with ATT. I can go to att.com ,put in my E Mail address and my password and it works. But it won't work thru Live Mail. It as though something is blocking it.

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Well, the webmail isn't the same as the regular ISP mail servers, so that doesn't really prove or disprove anything. But if they see nothing wrong, then I don't know...

You could also try to uninstall and reinstall Live Mail. That may or may not do anything either. You might also try installing another mail client, for example, Thunderbird, and see if that works ok or not. If TBird didn't work either, then you'd know it's not Live Mail, but probably the ISP in some way or other.

But hard to say, maybe there is something else on your system causing the issue. If you have a software firewall, then of course check that too.

It's kind of trial and error experimenting until you track down the issue...

7. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Hi Bill :)

Perhaps this may be of some help with WLM:
    http://www.vistax64.com/live-mail/259313-why-wont-windows-live-mail-remember-my-passwords.html

It is a Vista64 forum, but would apply to your Win7x64 in this situation. I have had brief experience with WLM, and had a similar issue when I set it up for a client, and in that case it was a matter of checking the box to remember the pass, and I believe also I had to place the email and pass in the SMTP authorization box in order to send email, as it would not send.

Hope you can get it figured out. :)

Jim

8. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Are you sure the account is configured correctly? There are numerous settings, such as "authentication required", SSL and specific port numbers. Is the account using POP3? Are the incoming (mail) and outgoing (SMTP) server entries correct? If you post all of these settings plus the email address domain (Att.net?) we might be able to help.

9. WilliamP

This morning it is working fine. I spent all afternoon trying to get it to work,to no avail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.