Windows Live Hotmail

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JerryM, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Today I received email from Windows Live Hotmail Team (not sure if it legit) to the effect that to continue receiving hotmail through Outlook Express I must download free Windows Live Mail or change the settings on Outlook Express. I use Outlook Express, and Mailwasher Pro.

Anyone else get such an email?

Regards,
    Jerry

2. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I have several Hotmail accounts and I use OE and I also use MWPro. I have not received an email like you described, but... I am not "receiving hotmail through Outlook Express". Perhaps that is the difference? I am trying to send Hotmail to OE now, just to see if I get one of those emails that you got.

Well, I tried it but I did not feel like going through with the validation process. The main reason I have Hotmail accounts is to keep spam out of my OE account, and I don't feel like sharing the OE account info with Hotmail. At any rate, my OE settings might be different from yours, and that could affect whether or not I receive one of the emails you described.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks.
    I don't have an OE account as far as I know, but use it to receive my POP3 and Hotmail accounts without going to the sites. With Mailwasher I can tell what is on the servers and delete it without downloading the mail.
    Regards,
    Jerry

4. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I believe if you use OE then you have an account. Open OE, then Tools/Accounts/Mail/Properties for settings info.

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Yes, but what shows up there are my Hotmail and Pop 3 accounts. I thought you meant that you had an account that was OE and the address was OE. So I don't see how one would keep spam out of OE as such.

I have one Hotmail and my POP3 accounts have "strange" names that evidently spammers do not fool with. I am speaking about a name that would have an underscore or dot in it along with numbers. For whatever reason I don't get spam in those.

Regards,
    Jerry

6. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

I also received that email on both my hotmail accounts. I use microsoft outlook 2007 to download my hotmail.

Outlook express has been superseded by windows live mail. I received an email 2 years back asking me to upgrade and I did. I used windows live mail for quite a while then switched to outlook 2007.

If you use outlook express you should switch to the free "windows live mail' client as after 1st Sept, according to the email, you will be unable to receive mail through outlook express.

7. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks Raza,

I did that yesterday. I guess I will see how it works. I am still using Mailwasher Pro, and it works the same. Time will tell.
    Thanks, Again.

Regards,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.