Windows Live Essentials 2011 Compatibility + Status Issue/ Problem

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by newbie2247, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbie2247

newbie2247 Registered Member

Windows Live Essentials 2011 Compatibility Issue - for posting to Wilders Forum - ASAP

I'm anxious to know if Windows Live Essentials 2011 is now compatible with ESET SS or Nod32 yet, or if not, when it will be. Would some wonderful and marvelous Wilder's member please let me know? Pretty please. I've been checking in regularly as suggested by "the big guy". But it's April now and as you might imagine I am "climbing the walls" waiting.

Since to my utter shock and dismay my Windows 7 came with no email program at all I've been forced to use Mozilla Thunderbird for my email. Or Google which I tried for a while and it is not a good fit for me at all. So you can see and understand how desperate I am to Install Windows Live mail and all the lovely extras one if forced to take with it.

I've Googled this question a thousand different ways. I cannot find which, IF ANY anti-virus programs it is compatible with. Odd. How very, very , strange, weird and highly unusual. (Why the secrecy about such a significant issue?)

Thanks in advance,

2. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Version 4.2 of ESET is not fully compatible with Windows Live Mail 2011, and ESET probably will be compatible with Windows Live Mail 2011 as late as the release of version 5.

3. newbie2247

newbie2247 Registered Member

Thank you for your rapid answer. May I please ask how your know or assume this - where you get this type of information? IOW, are there sources that I also can go to in order to be kept up-to-date on this matter - as well as any and all others that matter? I'm privvy to nothing, less than nothing, as I am completely ignorant of all the most BASIC + ESSENTIAL sites, forums, blogs, alerts+ newsletters to hook up with on matters that of critical magnitude to my O/S (see below) needs and interests. I am just a casual home-user - ommonly know as a "dummie" :cautious: . Polar opposite of a "techie or techie nerd" like 99.9% of the members here. Not only are you techies extrodinarily bright, but there are tons of you who are very kind and compassionate and happily impart your knowledge and skills to aid members like myself. Wilders Rocks!:thumb:

I kind of figured WLE 2011 was not yet "friendly with ESET" when I could not find any Goole results instantly but it was Wisely and Kindly suggested to me to check in here regularly. "Regurlarly" to me is a vague word so my translation of it is "frequently". :doubt:

Don't want to be a pest or nuicance but I truly HAVE to know the nanosecond "it" happens and how else am I going to find that out. Nobody is going to email me an announcement, correct? Sadly, I have no other options, alternaternatives or choices. I apologize in advance for my freqently popping in for the status of this issue which is of the utmost importance to me and my needs (as opposed to "wishes") and I am extremely grateful to every one of you.

I wonder now if I should download Windows Live Essentials 2011 anyway?
    If and when the impending compatibility issue occurs, will the version of WLE have an impact? I ask because I was planning to download it today not knowing whether or not I should. That is one HUGE mess of programs. Significantly increases the time of my ESET daily scan ;) .

Thanks so much.

4. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Just because it's not compatible doesn't mean you can't use the two together. They won't cause your computer to blow up, you just won't have automatic scanning of emails and attachments.

Provided you are sensible, don't run emailed attachments without detaching them and manually scanning them etc, then I don't see what the problem is. I don't use any Essentials stuff but I know plenty of people who do, all with eset, with no problem. They just scan attachments manually.

I think you are being unnecessarily paranoid...

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.