Windows Installer...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by MM607, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MM607

MM607 Registered Member

i tried to install some east asian languages to see japanese symbols...but now when i log on the windows installer comes up....does someone know how to stop it from coming up? someone help plz!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  2. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Windows installer comes up? Exactly how? What window do you see? (a screenshot here, perhaps, please) Is 'Windows installer' service set to 'Manual'? (Start -> Run -> services.msc)

3. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Is the Windows installer popup referencing the foreign language character program that you installed? If so, you should boot into safe mode and then unclick the entry for that program in your Windows startup file. Perhaps the foreign character program is attempting to install another component?

4. MM607

MM607 Registered Member

well it says i need a disk so.....when i log on it trys to install it but says i need a disk...i downloaded the Windows Installer Clean Up thing but i dont know what it's under... oh and yea it is referencing the Foreing Language Character Program...yea Seer it's on Manual and i cant put a screen shot sorry but it comes up when i log in on my name and i just press Cancel everytime.........i just want to get rid of it cuz it's annoying and i would love to get rid of it ASAP

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  5. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Do you have Windows installation CD? Well, insert it in the CD drive when prompted.

o_O What's that thing? A link please...

6. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

7. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Thanks snowbound, that would be a logical assumption. :)

But if that's what op referred to, I can't see how that tool will help to solve the issue here.

I have never installed support for east-asian languages, but I assume that OS asks for the installation CD in order to copy the required system font. MM607, am I right to assume that the symbols are not appearing, as they are not yet installed?

8. MM607

MM607 Registered Member

they appear if i go to the control panel and go to the language options and check the Install the East Asian Languages box...and it tells me to put the Microsoft Office XP with Professional Frontpage disc...i installed the East Asian languages but i think ccsito was right, it's trying to install another component

9. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Do you use MS Office FrontPage? It looks like there are language options for that program and maybe your foreign language add-on is attempting to provide an update to that?
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/frontpage/CH063547771033.aspx

P.S. FrontPage was discontinued at the end of 2006.

10. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello.

Sorry for the late reply :)

You may want to check here also -How to use East Asian languages in Word 2003 and in Word 2002 on computers that are running on Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000. This is the excerpt -

Perhaps that's why the Office XP CD is needed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.