Windows Installer trying to Install Absent Program

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Hello, This is the problem I have o_O I installed Corel Word Perfect Office, then decided I didnt need it anymore, so I uninstalled it. However there was an error when uninstalling :blink: Now everytime I reboot, Windows installer tries to install Corel Word Perfect, then generated the error 1707 no valid source Windows installer cannot continue :blink: . I've looked in All the hidden sections any trace of word perfect could be hiding, and even deleted the registry entries, and files from C;\Users\App\Roaming\ Local Data etc.. and as far as I know, there isnt a single trace of this program left on my drive, but Windows installer persists on trying to install it when I reboot or start my PC:blink: How the heck can I stop this o_O

2. raymond119053

raymond119053 Registered Member

3. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Never had much luck with either windows installers or cleanup.

Try this one which should highlight system entries still in place but relating to uninstalled software

Runscanner

Is Corel still running as a service?

4. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Thanks guys, the Installer cleanup removed what I could not *puppy* Its gone now :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.