[Windows] Fixed window dimensions

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I'm trying to run Chromium with a fixed window sized, but everytime I close it and reopen it, the dimensions will be restored to their defaults.

The attached image will show what I'm trying to achieve. Is there a way to make it "stick"? I tried pressing SHIFT and then close it (it works with Windows Explorer window), but no deal.

I'm running Chromium with the flag --start-maximized. But, even after removing it, it happened the same (dimensions were restored to their originals).

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  2. m00nbl00d

OK.

I deleted my Chromium profile and removed the flag --start-maximized. Then, I changed the Preferences file located at the profile folder, to reflect the following:

Now, Chromium does start as I want it. There's still one problem, though. I run Chromium in Incognito mode, and apparently the changes I've done will only apply to the Incognito window and not to the rest, such as the Options window. They do "inherit" the dimensions, but out of place. I can't make it become centered.

If I do all these steps in normal mode, then the window placement will be centered, in all windows, as it should.

I'm wondering if there's some extra setting that could be applied?

One other thing is that, it won't execute "maximized", but rather minimized. I guess that running Chromium using its shortcut and changing execution to maximized would perhaps work, but I'm running Chromium via batch file. Any tips?

3. m00nbl00d

-edit-

I got it to work. At least the issue with it always running minimized. I was running my batch file with the option start /min. This was making it running minimized. I must have put it there sometime ago when doing some testing, and forgot all about it.

So, this one is taken care.

Now, I just need to solve the issue with the windows outside of Incognito mode. They just won't stay centered as they should.

4. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Not entirely sure what your issue is, but I think you are stating that if you size chromium, and position chromium to some X:Y coordinate, that when you reopen it, it does not stay where it was last?

Mine always opens to the same size and position, although I rarely use incognito.

Are you referring to this or something else?

Sul.

5. m00nbl00d

Yes, that's what I was referring to. The more I tried, I simply couldn't get Chromium in the position I wanted it. After reopening it, it would always restore the original position (maximized). But, I got that covered. It now opens where I want it to open.

But, for some reason, when running in Incognito, the Options window, etc., they will not open in the same position? They do have the same size as the Incognito window, but just not centered.

As you may be aware ;), those windows open outside the Incognito mode. So, it seems that Chromium forgets to apply the same window placement settings to them.

Running Chromium in the "normal" mode, makes all windows open in the same X,Y.

Not sure why this behavior happens. :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.