Windows Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by controler, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

Appears i did not drink enough beer last night to be this bored as to look into this firewall LOL
    It sure wouldn't take much of a script executed on a machine
    to change any of these settings.
    What would be stopping a script from changing the remote assistant setting to enable? and how the hell do the normal user know which configuration they are part of? Standard, domain or local area connection firewall configuration? Wheww !!!!!!!!!

2. jerry1967

jerry1967 Registered Member

i run sp1, should i switch to sp2 and where can i get it?

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I wouldn't recommend it. It is only for testing purposes.

Here is the link with a warning,

This technical preview is unsupported and is intended for testing purposes only. Do not use in production environments

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/sp2preview.mspx

snowbound

4. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

My experience with SP2.RC1.2096 wasn’t necessarily friendly, updating to SP2 I noticed my system became sluggish and 3rd party Services wouldn’t load properly if at all at that. Fixing that then I had to deal with the problem of not being capable of accessing Windows Firewall settings, small dialog saying something about “Due to unexpected error *” when attempting…

If anyone has any problem like this after installing SP2.RC1.2096 they can simply uninstall it giving that they can find the uninstaller, also if you for some reason you really, really have the need to see SP2.RC1.2096 then clean Install of Windows XP and afterwards apply SP2.RC1.2096 and after that do Windows Updates and then install your software. Spy1 said something yesterday on here about TH giving user problem after applying SP2.RC1.2096, but I know from first hand experience everything for me is working beautifully and I’m glad I applied it…

Anyways fact remains dealing with Microsoft Windows, everything is risky…

5. jerry1967

jerry1967 Registered Member

thanks for the information. i will just work with sp1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.