Windows Firewall?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by bryngeo, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bryngeo

bryngeo Registered Member

Is it advisable to have window$ firewall running as well as SS's?

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

no, you should disable Windows Firewall if you use ESS

3. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hello,

by default Windows Firewall is disabled automatically after installation. Two the same apps can't works together, because errors and problems can occur.

Regards

4. Niklas G

Niklas G Registered Member

If Windows Firewall works, why upgrade?

Related question: If I've been runing Win XP Professional with the Windows firewall for years without the slightest problem, is there still any good reason to upgrade from NOD32 v.3 to ESET Smart Security?

(I use Thunderbird for e-mail so still no antispam improvements to expect from an upgrade.)

Edit: Well, it certainly has happened, for example, that IE or Firefox suddenly has started to consume most of the CPU power for no particular reason, but I have no clue if a better firewall could reduce any of that or if it's just a consequence of web pages with too much bad coding, flash, banners etc. So I might just give ESS a try just to check if I spot any difference. To the worse or to the better. But still always good to know before if ESS (or something else) might be the tool I didn't know I was looking for. :p

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.