Windows Firewall question......

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by acme12, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acme12

acme12 Regular Poster

Has anybody seen this review... (scroll down to the Microsoft Security Essentials block, 2nd paragraph in block on link below)

http://www.westcoastlabs.com/realTimeTesting/article/?articleID=1

"..We also looked at other aspects of the new Security Essentials offering. The latest version of the software monitors the Windows firewall, and when we installed it on our test system it applied settings that prevented our attacking PC from connecting or extracting any information...."

I want to use PrivateFirewall on MSE for my daughter's PC, but after reading that the Windows firewall isn't that bad, I thought I'd try the standard Windows firewall. o_O

Anybody run PrivateFirewall or Windows 7 firewall on MSE ?

:)

2. alexandrud

alexandrud Developer

I run Microsoft Security Essentials + Windows Firewall + Windows Firewall Control, on all of my computers since 2010 and I never had a problem with malware.

MSE - very easy to use, no false positives, runs very quiet in background.
    Windows Firewall with Advanced Security - very powerful if configured properly.
    WFC - outbound control, very easy to use, intuitive. I am also the developer of WFC.

I am very satisfied with this security combination. I would recommend it to anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.