Windows Firewall Notifier 1.0 - Extend Windows 7 firewall behavior

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Yanick, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanick

Yanick Registered Member

Anathor Windows Firewall Control type app? :eek:

Here's the maker's website: -http://wokhan.online.fr/progs.php?sec=WFN-

Here's article where i found it: -http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/windows-security/32986-windows-firewall-notifier-1-0-extend-windows-7-firewall-behavior.html-

(Il test this tomorrow). (I copied this post from the link i posted *second link*).

Windows Firewall Notifier extends the default Windows embedded firewall behavior, allowing to handle outgoing connections.

This application is provided "as is". Use at your own risk.
    Since I do not want you to panic: the only thing that could happen is that you lose your Internet connection (for instance if "something" prevents Windows Firewall Notifier to be launched properly while all outgoing connection have been blocked as required). In that case, you will be able to restore the previous settings by launching the Windows Firewall Notifier again (it will then "uninstall"). You can also go to the control panel / administration tools / advanced firewall settings to enable back all outgoing connections.
    This application only uses existing Windows features, enabling some of them when first launched:

Enables the Windows embedded firewall
    Sets the firewall to block both inbound and outbound connections for which no rule exists
    Enables the default Windows firewall inbound connection notification Enables the Windows firewall outbound connections logging (disabled by default)
    Creates a scheduled task linked to the Windows firewall event log entries, allowing Windows Firewall Notifier to be launched when needed only
    Installation

The application can be unzipped in the folder of your choice (usually c:\Programs\WindowsFirewallNotifier), knowing that it must not be moved once activated (unless you actually want to remove it).

How-to:

Once enabled (after a first launch), the application will show a notification balloon when an application attempts an outgoing connexion while not being allowed to do so. A click on the notification will display a dialog box, allowing the user to:

temporary allow the application
    create a rule for the application, so that it will always be able to connect
    block the application once only, after what other notifications may (will) appear always block the application (no notification will therefore be displayed afterwards)

A documentation may be available later.

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Thanks, Wilders is a useful place for discovering new security programs as well.

3. Yanick

Yanick Registered Member

Np, indeed it is! :thumb:

4. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

I try it some days ago founded here http://www.addictivetips.com/window...er-for-both-incoming-or-outgoing-connections/ on my Lenovo Zacate Netbook but is a youg software and need improvements
    No popup when HitmanPro start (so it's blocked)
    Error trying update Seven (no popup for winupdate)
    No popup for FileHippo Update Portable when trying connect to the net ... ans so on
    I comeback to my prevoius FW that is Windows 7 Firewall Control, more stable and no popup missed when application trying connecting on the web

Could be better in future? I hope yes

5. Yanick

Yanick Registered Member

Im having same kinds of problems. Hopefully this app matures :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.