Windows Explorer has stopped working (win7)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by MikkelG, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikkelG

MikkelG Registered Member

hey i got an issue with Eset Nod32 AV 4.x atm.
    when ever i boot up my computer and it goes into windows it tells me "windows explorer has stopped working" and it just keep on doing that.
    i then found out it was nod32 that was causing the problem. so after deleting nod32 it stopped saying "windows explorer has stopped working".
    i then tried to reinstall nod to see if that would work but without luck.
    so at the moment i can't run nod32 due to this issue.

should i try to format my windows and do a fresh install? since it's been a while i did that.

please help

best regards.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello,

What Windows operating system are you running? Were the two working good together before this issue or did you recently purchase and install ESET? When was the last time you scanned your machine?

Thank you,
    Richard

3. MikkelG

im using windows 7 64-bit and havnt got any problems at all with eset. been running it for about a year now.
    and then suddenly like 3-4 weeks ago it started doing that "windows explorer stopped working".
    i just did a scan some days ago, and it didnt find anything.
    the funny thing is, if you can call it that.
    when i log into windows and it says "windows explorer has stopped working" i can sometimes logout from my user and back in again, and then it wont say that. but then after some random hours i starts doing it again.
    but the error is not coming at all now after i removed eset.

thanks for the quick reply by the way.

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Have you made any changes to your computer or to ESET withing the last 3 to 4 weeks? Have you installed any other applications within the time or right before this started occuring? While the issue may go away after uninstalling ESET, any other changes or new installations on your computer could have caused a conflict with ESET.

Thank you,
    Richard

5. MikkelG

i havnt touched anything inside of eset, only the scan button :D.
    hmm where can i see that? what applications i've installed the past 4 weeks?.
    because i really can't remember installing anything that should conflict with eset.

6. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Not wishing to detract from the OPs problem, but we have the same on one of our PCs. Removing EAVBE 4.2.64.12 solves it.

Ours is XP Pro.

Can we provide any diagnostics?

Jim

7. MikkelG

i've been searching on google and seems like alot of antivirus programs can make windows explorer stop working. dont know if it's only on windows 7.
    and what is causing it.

but not sure on any of this tho :D

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does the problem disappear after disabling automatic real-time protection startup and restarting the machine?

9. MikkelG

well need to install nod32 again then to test that. but also looks like i had alot of issues with bsod's when i was running nod32. i havnt had a single one after i uninstalled it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.