Windows "End Program" Pop-Up Alerts

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Kas, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kas

Kas Registered Member

At times for no apparent reason, Windows decides to present a POP-UP when shutting down which says something like " Blah-blah-blah program is ending" and says you can either end the task and lose any unsaved data or return to Windows and have a nice day.

This happens out of the blue and whilst it is very interesting to know that something in Windows wishes to be recognised as a living thing, to me it is very annoying, when I have to my knowledge done nothing to deserve this irritating little panel popping up.

It is all tied up with the EVENT VIEWER which can be coaxed out of it`s coffin by clicking CONTROL PANEL and then ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS.

The log file show all the "events" and some ERRORS marked in red with a cross. Oh dear, what a calamity.

What exactly do these END PROGRAM panels mean in real terms - have I done something wrong ?

Also, what are we supposed to do about the EVENT VIEWER log ? Just look at it and admire it`s sheer beauty or jump into action and do something ?
    KAS

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Kas, perhaps How to view and manage event logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP will shed more light in your quest for knowledge. In a nutshell, Event Viewer is a troubleshooting tool.

Regarding the End Program alerts, the Blah-blah-blah is the most important part of the message in deciphering what background process is still running, so the next time that happens, pay close attention to the Blah for clues to know whether it was Microsoft or you who prompted these alerts to appear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.