Windows Defender Whacked

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Frank the Perv, Apr 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

I would recommend Bd free over Panda free.
    Panda zero day i.e BB is not good, infact I never saw BB detecting any malware in tests.

Bd free BB i.e AVC Active Virus Control works pretty good, both online & offline.

2. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Having MBAM & MBAE, you are in good shape.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2388652,00.asp

Since the two are close in effectiveness, you want the one that is smoothest and most trouble-free.

Based on that, I recommend Panda Free.

But I think you are good with either.

3. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I have never run Windows Defender on this system, ever...That must mean something...or not! ;):D

4. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

:thumb:

5. ufakai75

ufakai75 Registered Member

Sicher?:thumbd::confused: Come again? Thanks for the advice.:)

6. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

7. ufakai75

8. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

You're welcome! :)

9. wshrugged

wshrugged Registered Member

I'm not initiating or inviting political discussion. My post is merely meant to add to the conversation regarding whether the debate about MSE/WD is over.

Along with the previously mentioned 'combined with' reasoning, some people take the AV country of origin into consideration as part of their overall evaluation. At its least seriousness it can be a jingoistic calculation but for many it's an honest attempt to decide what's in their best interest. The arrived at conclusion is their opinion.

For differing reasons, correct or not, people find other US AVs -- overly expensive, bloated, unnecessarily complex, resource hungry etc...

Is the debate over at Wilders? I'm not here often enough to be sure of the regular memberships' thinking. There's evidence in this thread to explain some whys for the continued usage of MSE/WD. Maybe they'll just be quiet users in attendance. That might not be a good thing.

10. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Rubenking just WHACKED MSE/Defender as well.

Case closed eh?

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2480487,00.asp
    My malware collection is relatively static, changed just once per year. However, I also test how well a product handles malware-hosting URLs, and those downloads are typically no more than four hours old. Top score so far in this test is 85 percent protection, either preventing access to the URL or wiping out the malware download. The average score is 40 percent. Microsoft's score? Just 3 percent.

11. ufakai75

Glad I use a 3rd party a/v.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.