Windows Defender & Firewall with Nod32 3.0

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by deane, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deane

deane Registered Member

I'm about to install ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0 after uninstalling McAfee Security Center. I have Windows Vista Home Premium on my PC and Windows Vista Business on my laptop (both 32-bit). Should I leave Windows Defender and Windows Firewall running on both, and if so, should I pick and choose what functions I want them to perform? (One of the main reasons I'm switching to Nod32 is that my PC is sluggish and I'm hoping the smaller footprint of Nod32 will enhance performance.)

Although I've been a serious computer user for many years, and I did a considerable bit of research before choosing Nod32, I'm still a novice when it comes to knowing how the various AV and firewall programs work in conjunction with each other, so thanks for any help you experts can provide!

2. Bitten By C Bug

Bitten By C Bug Registered Member

Hi Deane, as long as you fully uninstalled Mcaffee and used the removal tool there is no need at all to disable vista firewall and or uninstall windows defender, all work in unison very well... Main priority tho is that you do completely remove any and all remenants of Mcafee..
    If only nod32 av 3.0.642 and not ess the security suite you will be fine just ridding mcafee.. There is a removal tool on eset web site in case any registry entries were left.. good luck and have a good weekend..

3. Bitten By C Bug

Bitten By C Bug Registered Member

4. deane

deane Registered Member

Thank you for kindly taking your time to help. I will certainly take your advice and be sure I have all remnants of Mcafee removed.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.