Windows Boot Manager appears on boot after making Recovery Media Builder on USB key.

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by jp7794, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp7794

jp7794 Registered Member

Noob here. Hello everyone. Not sure how much version matters but for the record I am using Paragon Backup and Recovery™ , version 10.0, build 9169 (01.12.09 ) Compact Edition

I did the Recovery Media Builder on a USB flash drive. I wanted to boot to the drive to make sure it wrote successfully, which it did.

The problem I am having is that ever since then the Windows Boot Manager has started showing up when the computer starts. Windows 7 is the only OS option and there is no countdown to when it goes on and boots. It is a clean install of Windows 7. This is an issue for me as I use remote desktop connection a lot and I cannot connect at the Windows Boot Manager screen.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? It only started happening after I booted from the USB Key with the Recovery Media Builder.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.
  2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

No, I haven't come across that before with respect to Paragon .

In an elevated cmd prompt, type:

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu no

Hope it helps.
  3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

EasyBCD is a great GUI alternative.
  4. jp7794

jp7794 Registered Member

Very nice shameless plug and if I had more than one OS I would consider it. If you PM me with a product key, I will be more than happy to use Paragon software to resolve an issue created by Paragon Software. Look forward to your PM.
  5. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

6. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

7. jp7794

jp7794 Registered Member

Re: Windows Boot Manager appears on boot after making Recovery Media Builder on USB k

My apologies Tommy. Thanks for the link.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.