Windows Blue build 9364 leaked to the internet

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Wild Hunter, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

"recent improvements"? No comment.... ;)

2. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

+1, no subscriptions will be tolerated here.

3. guest

guest Guest

There are no recent improvements. Not for the common user. Not compared to what got worse. No, MS is just getting greedy and was really jealous (looking @ Apple) so they shot themselves in the foot while people like you are applauding but clearly (almost) anyone else is throwing their hands up in horror!

See. That's the problem. I refuse to take the brain damaging drugs people in Redmond seem to enjoy way too much. If you have visions, by all means see a doctor but don't destroy an entire OS ecosystem in delirious state or - as another recent example - force the EURO upon a whole continent that doesn't want the "implications" followed by this huge mistake.

The real problem are in both cases people feeling high and being at the top (I say of lunacy!) who want to force other people by their sheer power to do or accept things that are not in their own interest but only of those that have those visions.

There is no way people on this planet are dumb enough to pay for software via subscriptions. Of course there is a huge horde of MS employees that are rooting right now for MS all might go well and some of them are surely feeling the need to defend there corporations stupid decisions.

That leads me directly to the question which was long over due:
    Since you are defending MS without any exception and all the time: what is your relation to that corporation? Please be honest. That goes way beyond the normal fanboi support what you are trying to do here, you clearly don't seem to care about getting the fool by doing it that you are viewed to be now?

Be honest. Tell us if you are working for Redmond or affiliated in any way. That way we could understand much better what you are talking about and why you are doing this. If you have no relation at all to them I have to say I am really concerned about your quite fanatic PRO-MS approach.

I love software too but I always criticize even such vendors if they are making bad decisions or something goes wrong, has a bug etc. Blindly defending vendors or products even if they are doing things not in your own interest is something that really creeps me out.

Windows was just doing fine with Win7, with almost everybody (even die-hard XP fans like me!) happy. They could have released a new OS every 3 or 4 (more to my liking would have been 5) years like they were used to (everything else is superstition or fictional) and by avoiding that touch and app nonsense for ALL customers (by force put in their face instead of giving them choice!) and staying away of ridiculous subscription ideas (cashing money now for getting small updates - like that blue nonsense - every year, formerly (@ XP times, think of the firewall!) known as FREE service packs over the course of product!) they could have still the support (and the MONEY) of hundreds of millions of loyal desktop system users. Which would eventually have upgraded their systems of course AGAIN (as always before!) and reviving that right now saturated market segment.

But sadly GREED (and a bald madman) took over and they changed EVERYTHING to provide them more money. And because of this are making huge parts of their former customers really, really angry as you can see here. Because for people like me it's obviously NOT the most important thing to provide MS lots of permanent flowing cash (only in their dreams maybe), but that MY (!) needs are being listened to and fulfilled (at least not being torpedoed!) by that company. But unfortunately it takes a (sober) brain to realize that and clearly MS is having still "visions" right now. :rolleyes:

They should have kept their desktop fan-base (currently the huge majority!) happy and have in addition (!) a somehow compatible (but not being the same, with the same GUI for phones and desktop!) product for simpletons and grandmas ("It's so easy to use, even a monkey could do it!") and getting their foot in those market segments ... but unfortunately like an addict they saw this opportunity, totally lost it and endangered the whole company because of believing that marketing hype of tablets and only tablets, tablets, tablets ("developers, developers, developers!") which will be replaced one day soon with the next hype anyway.

Windows Blue is the wrong direction if it is supposed ALSO to be the way (OS) for corporations and armies of so far (until Win7) loyal desktop and laptop (non friggin' touch!) systems. They have to declare this 8/Blue thing a touch product finally and have as an alternative for the sane another product available after win7 is EOL (or better way before that!) for all non-touch needs (the majority even in future!) - focused on the good old DESKTOP and "normal" programs (apps are Apple crap!) - or they will go bust!

That is my view on that and I would prefer if this would not be censored (or closed), thank you. :) - By keeping that thread open you are giving MS the chance to rethink their faults (getting feedback of so far loyal customers is always great, or suddenly not?) maybe before it's too late. I would hate to see Windows going down and that will happen - no doubt - if they are not changing their current collision path with a huge iceberg.

I am not affiliated to any vendor, not against any vendor per se (only angy at all if they make me angry by not seeing what I want as their customer and treating me like a dumb cash cow!), I like Windows 7 and the desktop, normal programs VERY much and I respect the great work MS has done with it in the past. I know that it is hard for many people to see their beloved product getting "bashed" as they see this, I accept that fanbois exist, of course. It's human.

But what I don't want or accept is if people are in fact working for Redmond are trying to intervene here (camouflaged as users or fanbois) with the goal to get that bad product good publicity anyway. If someone of you really is a MS employee or maybe even a big shot at the top of the company your most important task should be TO LISTEN TO CUSTOMERS, as it was done in the good old way, and NOT making them feel abandoned, dispensable and outdated by (only) so called "needs of modern times". There is enough you could invent to optimize desktop experience, at least I have lots of good ideas of things getting me mad since years!). Also share holders would benefit from you making a product that is ACCEPTED and WANTED by the masses which Win8 or (so far) BLUE clearly is NOT for all the known reasons! - That's my opinion, you may not like it and yours may be totally different, that is okay for me and fine. :p

4. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

While it's not unheard of for companies to pretend to be users and fake praising reviews/reports on consumer sites and forums, I doubt that's what we're dealing with here. Fanboys are rampant across the net, not just here, even though there's obviously several inhabiting this place. I don't see how the thread could get closed for your opinion, and it certainly won't matter to MS because the chances of them actively watching anything here are practically zero.

Again though it needs to be said that this whole thing with 8 was caused by MS having nearly no role in the mobile market. The subscription crap they're actively pursuing is of course money-related. And, I hate to kill your fantasy, but millions pay for subscription software. Norton, Kaspersky, Sandboxie yearly dues, McAfee, the list goes on and on. But anyway, I wonder how many people who talk of all this "vision" and innovation have used a large touch screen system that wasn't an iPad or Android for more than a small period of time. It's been my experience and the experience of many that these full blown desk systems with touch are quite the PITA.

5. Krysis

Krysis Registered Member

A very good point!
    Large touch screen are OK in 'point of sale' environments – but really ergonomically inefficient in situations where keyboard input is required. (as in.....many corporate environments!)
    Touch screen technology is likely to pose significant OH&S (Occupational Health and Safety) issues for corporations to consider - eg, to reduce\manage RSI (Repetetive Strain Injuries)

The wonder to me is whether the brains trust at Microsoft ever bothered to think of how their 'touch' strategy might be viewed by such organisations – it seems not!

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I really don't see that as a problem, after all, touch is relatively light and not likely to cause any real strain. What I couldn't tolerate is holding my arm up all day trying to do touch on a vertical 27" monitor from a sitting position at a desk. I don't think I'd get an RSI, but my arm sure would be tired after a short time. :D

7. Krysis

Krysis Registered Member

Ah, Kerodo – that is exactly what RSI is! Eg, lifting your arm up (repetetively) to touch\poke the screen! Imagine doing that for a long period of time in a corporate environment!
    (sorry about the OH&S and RSI acrynoms – you may have different names for these in your country!) ;)

8. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

The recent improvements that allow transparent, easier, faster and better upgrades/updates in latest MS software. In several areas.

9. Wild Hunter

guest,

Again, I don't work for MS.

I just happen to agree with MS in many things.

And I have to admit that "to defend" MS here is funny too (sometimes).

If you really want to know, my "favorite" brand isn't MS. I don't have "favorite" brands - at all.

Will this change anything? I don't care. You'll most likely believe in what you prefer to believe. lol

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  10. Wild Hunter

But that's exactly what it is, for small periods of time - touch in an AIO desktop makes sense as a cool complement and for really fast tasks.

BTW, my favorite PCs these days are the convertible notebooks (such as the Lenovo Yoga 13). I'm just waiting for one with a good graphics card.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  11. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

And imagine the storm of lawsuits because someone's wrist hurts a bit.
    Mrk

12. moontan

moontan Registered Member

my monitor is more than 3 feet away.

i'd need a stick to be able to reach that far. lol

13. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Which tends to invite the question of, if it is for short periods of time, why bother with it in the first place?

'Makes sense as a cool complement'? It doesn't even make sense as an artificial marketing strategy imposed by the Microsoft hegemony. I think most people would take practical over being 'cool' unless they're in an episode of the Jetsons or perhaps just suffering from terminal Microsoft marketing propaganda. A condition incidentally that appears to be incurable for some.

14. Daveski17

I believe that Microsoft are going to provide a series of telescopic 'sticks' or TESTES (Telescopic Extension Synchronising Touch Enabling Systems) just for people who have difficulties reaching their monitors.

15. moontan

TESTES?
    mwahahahah! :D

anyway, i think touch screen makes sense on small portable devices like laptops, netbooks, mobile etc...

but i think the idea is totally retarded for a desktop monitor.

16. Daveski17

Yes, TESTES will be an incredibly useful gadget for ideas that are complete bollocks.

Tablets, phones & devices that are designed primarily for touch, yes definitely. I'm not so sure about laptops/notebooks though, especially the conventional clamshell type, but for hybrid laptop/tablets yes.

Yes of course, but according to the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Microsoft pretty soon the traditional desktop will be deader than the Dodo, dinosaurs, flared trousers, disco, VHS & Windows 95.

17. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

LOL good one :D

18. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

I'd argue that touch technology actually reduces the risk of carpal tunnel and other injuries. After all, nobody is going to use on-screen keyboards to tap out a full page or more report or any major amount of work. Swiping is far less physically straining on the fingers than typing is. Holding your arm out to a screen, instead of swiping on a device like, say, a table-top unit will make your arm ache a bit after a long session, but that's about it.

The real problem with touch screens is that they are often tuned to be too sensitive or don't respond well enough. Then you have human skin being naturally oily and, in a work environment, the guy with the Doritos tapping away at the screen, leaving filthy screens and less response from the units. To put it in a nutshell, touch tech is better used in situations not involving desktop units.

@WildHunter: Then what the hell would touch tech do for the average consumer? Why bother switching from touch to mouse or keyboard back and forth all day? Swipe my screen and leave fingerprints, or move my mouse half an inch across the mousepad to click something? Or better yet, use a hotkey/keyboard shortcut? It just makes no sense for desk units, which is another reason why Windows 8 as a desktop OS isn't going places and why "Blue" probably exists. That's a whole other discussion though and you and I have been through the whole Windows 8 is a fail/success thing before :D Either way, I hold to my thought that touch outside of the environments and devices it's better suited for will not gain any long lasting momentum.

19. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Ok, I guess I was thinking more in terms of hand and wrist injuries in physical jobs etc.. at any rate, I'd hate to lift that arm all day! :)

20. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Such as? Give us some real technical details instead of all the marketing talk..

21. moontan

maybe a little off topic but i think the best alternative to touchscreens for desktop user would be motion sensors where you could control some stuff just by drawing gestures in the air.

i don't know how much use i would get out of that though.
    i have grown quite comfortable using my trackball and mouse gesture software like StrokesPlus.

22. guest

guest Guest

No, no, no!!! :eek: - Please try that before you suggest such a horrible thing. :D - Keyboard and mouse is really the best equipment for most people above 3 years and that shouldn't be changed. You can use your hand or fingers or eyes or special dance technique to control windows, but PLEASE think of the users like me who are happy with the "old" way, don't kill that and don't make a GUI that is made for those fringe people who want to rap gesture their letters into their toy device. :cool:

This message was typed in on Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 v1.0, using a Logitech MX518 mouse to select smilies. :p

23. moontan

hahaha! :D

anyway, i edited my original post but not before you quoted me.
    so the meaning of my post has changed a little.

myself i'm a mouse/trackball person first and keyboard second.
    but i would consider some of those motion tracking devices for desktop use in the future.

24. guest

guest Guest

Don't stop laughing yet! :D

I just had a pizza delivered to my place and well .. now I could see why I would want AT CERTAIN TIMES (!) to control my computer with gestures instead of keyboard/mouse .. because right hand is dirty from delicious pizza dough *puppy*.

But please MS, keep keyboard/mouse control enabled as standard setting and don't make a or only GUI('s) that is/are touch/gesture/... centric for people like me, PLEASE! :)

But generally I wonder how at a forum like this (with really paranoid people lurking around :D) devices could have a future which are watching over you all the time even more than now (gesture recognition etc.). I do not want to be watched. That was also the reason why I disabled of course (!) any statistics sent to MS (start menu survey!) on my system and those of my relatives etc. and why they erroneously thought in Remond I would be okay with removing it in Win8/Blue. :rolleyes:

25. shuverisan

shuverisan Registered Member

The Iron Man movies come to mind here. 3D touch environments which makes me think back 15 years watching Star Trek Next Generation and someone would hand Capt. Picard a report and it would be on a kind of device what we think of today as...tablets!

Keyboard and mouse won't always be around but the fumbling through different trends & public guinea pig testing will cause a lot of headaches until we find a good equilibrium. The Samsung Galaxy S4 already shows that touch has evolved past actual touching at the consumer level.

I'm ready for displays projected as interactive holograms fully manipulable in size and content, programmable to different surface areas like your desk, coffee table or bedroom wall. Of course these workspaces are fully portable on synthetic crystalline storage devices which would interface with the CPU system of a home, office building, room or mobile host device. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.