Windows anti-spyware to come free of charge

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ronjor, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Story

2. dog

dog Guest

Thanks Ron, ;)

Thats Good News Indeed. :) I wonder when M$ will release the Anti-Spy without the subscription expiry date?

More good news from the same article, finally M$ is going to integrate/centralize OS & Office updates too.

3. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

Microsoft to offer free anti-spyware, anti-virus software

Microsoft last month rolled out a free test version of the software that removes the unwanted spyware -- which can redirect or "hijack" Internet browsers -- based on technology from Giant Company, which Microsoft acquired in December.

At the time, Microsoft did not say whether it would eventually charge users for the program.

A paid version of the anti-spyware software will be aimed at corporate customers, who often require more complex infrastructure support.

In addition, the company will launch a new version of its Internet Explorer browser with tougher security features to help fend off threats like "phishing" -- the use of websites designed to look like a legitimate site of a bank or other firm in order to get passwords -- along with viruses and spyware, Gates said.

A test version of the new browser, version 7.0, will be available this year and it will be incorporated in the next version of Windows, Longhorn, expected to reach computer users next year.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Symantec: Who's afraid of Microsoft?

Link

5. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Nice! At least Microsoft is offering this anti-spyware utility for free! [​IMG]

6. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

but since i have had microsoft antispyware i had it scheduled to scan every night and updated every day i have had for over a month and it has never found anything?

7. nadirah

Wow, your computer must be really clean. But don't be too sure about that, try ad-aware and spybot S&D and see if they can find anything.

8. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

i have thoughs 2 as well with spywareblaster adaware se never finds anything and spybot-searcg & destroy either

9. nadirah

Your computer must be very clean then. Congratulations. ;)

10. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

I'm a little late on this post, but have been wondering. Since MS Anti-spyware bought out Giant, has anybody heard if those of us that bought Giant will get our money back from MS since the same program is now free? Yeah I know. A snowballs change in ----. :rolleyes:

11. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

12. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

I guess M$ isn't all bad!! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.