Windows Action Center stating Emsisoft is turned off - anyone else have problem?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by nine9s, Oct 7, 2014.

1. nine9s

nine9s Registered Member

I wrote a message on the Emsisoft forums about WAC altering that Emsisoft is turned off when it is running:

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/15777-windows-action-center-showing-emsisoft-is-turned-off/

Searching for answer I found some threads from 2011 from many posters with the same problem with Emsisoft.

For example:

3 years ago on Emsisoft forums:

http://support.emsis...-action-center/

3 years ago on Wilder's Security site:

http://www.wildersse...problem.307700/

Is this an old bug that is back? Anyone else noticing it (since a do shutdown and reboot everyday, perhaps not as many are noticing it if they leave their machines running perhaps?)

2. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

I have had problems with EIS since the update to 9.0.0.4519. WAC has been off and on. Since the last reboot, it seems to be working correctly. Another problem I had was having to hard reset to get my computer to start and an error message from Eureka.

2014.10.07_08h35m22s_001_Action Center.png 2014.10.07_08h36m13s_002_.png

3. nine9s

nine9s Registered Member

Thanks. Emsisoft noted on its forums, to my post, that it has same problem on one test machine. Person indicated it might be fixed in an update (not sure if a whole new version or interim update - I asked but he did not answer which just that it would be fixed.)

4. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey Registered Member

Thanks for your post :thumb:
    I have the same problem on windows 10 tech preview but thought it was due using windows 10.

5. digmor crusher

digmor crusher Registered Member

Started doing it to me too about a week ago, intermittently but still a pain.

6. nine9s

nine9s Registered Member

It is probably cosmetic as Emsisoft called it last time it happened in 2011, but I do not feel comfortable with it. I assume most people using Emsisoft are going out of their way to get above average protection since it is not really a mainstream product so I would hope they would fix it soon.

To me it is like being in an elevator and a warning light goes off. Then the building maintenance crew say it is no big deal when you ask - they say it is just a faulty alert. I would not really want to ride in that elevator.

7. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

As long as you know for a fact that your Antivirus is ON! and running, then disable Windows Action Centre notifications, there's no real need for it :cool:

Basically It's just Corporate Media scare tactics to get you to re-enable the default Windows Defender

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.