Windows 9 will bring back aero

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zfactor, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

Windows 8.1 has RTM'ed. But who cares? Not us! We're more interested in what's to come, and today details regarding Windows 9 and Windows 10 have emerged online. The information comes from a source called WZOR, who has been behind countless Microsoft information leaks in the past. He claims that Windows 9 will be similar to what we have currently, while Windows 10 will be something new. More so, he claims that Microsoft is planning to join both Windows RT and Windows Phone together.

According to WZOR, Windows 9 will be similar to the desktop OS we know today. He claims that Microsoft is planning to bring the old Aero interface back, but not as we all know it. That's all he teases regarding the Aero interface, but he also claims that Windows 9 will make an appearance in a years time, Much sooner than expected.

Regarding Windows 10, it appears the operating system will be something rather different. WZOR claims that Windows 10 will be a full 'cloud OS', and that an internal desktop concept will be available on September 1st. As this is an 'internal' concept, we doubt it will be seen by the public.

With Windows Phone and Windows RT, he claims that Microsoft is planning to merge both operating systems together. He doesn't give any more information regarding the matter, but it has been rumored several times in the past that this is Microsoft ultimate goal for both Windows Phone and Windows RT.

WZOR also claims that more details regarding everything you've read here will be available in September.

Of course, this information is coming from a 3rd-party source, so we ask you to read with a grain of salt. We assume 'Windows 9' and 'Windows 10' product names are codenames and not currently the actual names of the operating systems.

2. moontan

moontan Registered Member

i'm using WindowBlinds to skin Windows 8/8.1

it is just too ugly to use it as it is. ;)

3. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Aeroglass back would be nice. I doubt I'll be buying a computer running Windows by then though.

4. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

If that's true - the public would welcome it.

What's wrong with Aero that's broken? Its a beautiful and intuitive desktop design unlike crappy Metro! I would upgrade to Windows 9 if Microsoft brought back and improved the traditional desktop.

As for plans for Windows 10 - please - NO HYBRID operating system! If you're going to go into the future, pick an interface that just works and stick with it. Hopefully Redmond has finally learned something from the Windows 8xx disaster!

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Because Windows 8 was not well received in general. 9 coming soon is no surprise. But I will wait for a preview copy before I draw any conclusions about something we can't see yet. Let's hope it's more of what we want.

6. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Not really, it's actually part of the new yearly release cycle. Windows 8 perception wouldn't change that.

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

all i know is wzor has been accurate since vista so take it for what you will but when i read that he states something after all his leaks i believe it. i have a internal contact who i have sent this to and ill see what they say if they can say.

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Oh then please update us on it.

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Windows has lost a lot of user base and primary reason for it is the popularity of mobile OS use where Apple and Google are the dominant players.

I think any future windows version can,t be more popular than XP. MS will loose more and more market share due to ever increasing popularity of rival mobile operating systems.

MS has enjoyed being top dog for years, now it has to face the decline. It,s the law of Nature.

10. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Ok, my mistake. I wasn't aware of that..

11. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

:thumbd:

Linux will gain a new user soon.

12. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    i can't understand the microsoft strategy

now it has w7 ,xp still used , w8 and w8.1
    can't understand why it should realease w9 and w10
    hope they will not be a flop like windows me or vista

13. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Lol, so now Windows 8 will be Vista, and Windows 9 will be Windows 7, but people won't move onto it until years later when 7 isn't supported, etc. etc.

I wish they would try something radical, like redesigning Windows from the ground up, instead of what now seems will be yearly rehashes with minor improvements. I say scrap it and build something new and great. It's not like they don't have the resources to do it.

14. SirDrexl

SirDrexl Registered Member

Isn't that kind of what they did with Windows 8, at least with the Metro/RT portion? The problem is, they can't do something completely new for the desktop version because a lot of people depend on old/current software. They'd almost have to create some kind of side version that doesn't come pre-installed on every new PC, and market it as a different platform that isn't compatible with anything in the past - kind of like what Apple did with iOS.

It might even need a new name without the word "Windows."

15. Nanobot

Nanobot Registered Member

Point 3: Microsoft doesn't "make" Windows like it used to. Instead of spending 2.5 to 3 years planning, developing and testing a new Windows build, Microsoft did all that in 10 months this time around. Consequently, the company will be patching and updating Windows 8.1 and all the bundled apps that come with it (Mail, Calendar, the core Office apps, the Bing consumer apps, IE 11) right up until the launch. Microsoft will push updates to the whole shebang just before customers can get their hands on the final bits.

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-confirms-windows-8-1-rtm-no-early-access-to-final-bits-7000019894/

16. Daveski17

I think that Linux will gain quite a few new users soon.

17. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I have enjoyed every new Windows release since XP, simply because it was new and different. Nobody is forcing you to upgrade to a new version, many are still using Windows 98, and if your are finally migrating to the Linux distro world you will be joining the the happy Linux family of 1-2% of all users. Congratulations, but no need to brag about it.

18. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Each to their own, but how many is many to you, and many compared to what? ;) Since I have a feeling that they are not that many anymore :)

19. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I can't understand what is your stand about the issue. People keep complaining about new Windows OS's as if I could, as an example, tell Mercedes Benz to stop developing new models simply because their latest generation of cars is great... It just doesn't make any sense.

When people say - oh wait I'm going to go with Linux because I disagree with the latest Windows developments, I say fine, go right ahead but keep it quite it's just your choice... Statistics are quite unemotional in the end, and Linux at best doesn't go beyond 2% for what it's worth.

20. Daveski17

How many are still using Win 98 do you reckon? Aren't people being forced to upgrade when their version is not supported anymore?

Regardless of people's needs to develop a cognitive dissonance about their decisions to upgrade to one of the most unpopular Windows releases of all time, why should it bother anyone if anyone else expresses a desire to change to Linux in the future?

Canonical have recently done a deal with the Chinese, & there are a billion Chinese give or take a few dozen. That's a pretty large user base, even if all of them aren't online yet.

It would surprise me if Linux didn't start to gain more users considering recent decisions & releases by Microsoft.

21. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

I've decided to try Linux (Zorin 6.4) as an alternative to Windows or OSX.

As of now, XP is still my primary operating system but someday I'm afraid (it) will have to be replaced- not because of discontinued support from Microsoft but due to discontinued support from third-party software.

All I require is an OS that will allow for the rudimentary tasks of e-mail, internet access, and allowing the freedom for basic customization.
    Nothing offered by Microsoft since XP offers anything I need versus XP and each succeeding OS from them restricts the user to an even greater degree than before.

Security concerns for an unpatched XP install are for me non-existent as I've been running XP Home Edition SP-2 with absolutely no MS patches since 2009 and nothing I scan with has detected malware.
    Employing Sandboxie, Zemana Pro, a lightweight HIPS, FF with Adblock Plus and No Script, and MBAM Pro has- by all- accounts- done the job.

Microsoft can keep their 'latest and greatest' and I will keep my sanity and $$$

22. Shankle

Shankle Registered Member

I don't care for Linux any more than the nonsense of most Windows
    distributions, especially anything headed toward the Cloud.

I wonder if "Reactos" will ever get off the ground. They have been
    piddling around with it for years. I realize it's a huge project but
    Microsoft needs some serious competition.
    Then again businesses can't have their data on the Cloud so what
    are they going to do? Seems a few large companies could get together
    and do a decent OS for themselves and the rest of us poor slobs
    that are being jerked around.

23. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

What happened when Ford introduced the Edsel ? A loser was crowned. Other car manufacturers did really well after that little gem came out. Ford lost millions and many customers too.

24. moontan

moontan Registered Member

if that's all you need your computer for then Linux would be perfect for you.

some of us can't do that unfortunately, mostly gamers and people involved in audio/video/graphic production.

25. Daveski17

Oh, I so almost mentioned the Edsel with regards to Win 8! LOL ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.