Windows 8.1 - why'd I wait so long?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DoctorPC, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Still with that crap?
    Post only 1 benchmark that verifies that 8.1 is faster than 7. (not benchmarks based on processors that can modify their clock on the fly)
    If your machines feel snappier with 8 then this proves that your knowledge of MS OSes is well... lacking; if you had disabled "Aero" in 7 then your wife would have enjoyed the "major hardware" :rolleyes: upgrade 5 years earlier! :eek:
    8.1 faster than xp in any (ancient or new) machine? Maybe... in your dreamworld...

The only thing that is proved in this joke of a thread is that windows 8.1 and much more 8 are unusable OSes with a mouse, somewhat ok with a touchpad and fantastic with a touchscreen.
    The only thing that windows 8 fans repeat all the time is how great the OS becomes after one installs "classic shell"... Well, in case you have not noticed in your long last windows usage, windows 8/8.1 is the only release of a Microsoft OS that forced you to install something else in order to enjoy it...

Panagiotis

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

The most striking way it's inferior is the UI. Or are you blind? :)

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Let's stay focused on the plus and minuses of the operating system.

4. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

If I were you, I'd already have closed the thread. Its gotten off topic :thumb:

5. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

I kind of feel bad for people still running Windows 8.1

Linux is faster in almost every way, lighter, and more secure.

And it also has been proved, time and time again, new computers designed for 8.1 run faster on Linux. And Old ones too! And did you know, they also run super computers on Linux?

I've heard from friends that put Linux on slow, older XP machines, and found those machines magically snappy.

I know I do too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.