Windows 7 Without Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by progress, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Truer words are rarely spoken.

2. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Yes, not only does Microsoft need to provide free advertising to Opera, they also need to destroy their own brand recognition so that Opera gets a "fair" playing field. Hear, hear.

I guess this world is never short of idiots who rush to prove how stupid they are.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I am behind you all the way. Opera just gets more and more pathetic every time they open their mouth. They aren't wanting a "fair shake", they're wanting the spotlight. Look, how about MS just add every browser available, fully installed and ready to click on, that way it'll end this competition bullcrap....but don't go blaming MS for these browsers when vulnerabilities or functional problems are found. You wanted competing products, you got them.

Oh, while we're at it, let's rename Internet Explorer to just "Browser" or some other cute little name since, according to Opera, the population of the world is so damned stupid and/or brain-dead that they think "Hey, I guess if it says "Internet Explorer", I have to use it to get online because none of these other icons say anything about exploring the internet"...I'd like to have a moment of silence now for the tragic loss of the IQ level of the people that run Opera. Please, remove your hats and bow your heads.

4. progress

progress Guest

Eice, you will like this thread :D

5. Windchild

Windchild Registered Member

Oh great. Opera seems hell-bent on making themselves look like total asses. :( Now they've got problems with the IE logo? ~Snip~ what about the Google logo, then? A lot of people think that Google = the Internet. Oh, oh, and what about IE being first on that horizontal list? People in western countries read from left to right, and IE is right there in the first spot on the left! That is so wrooooong! Maybe Opera should get the first spot, and IE the last. Of course, without the IE logo, because the logo is unfair.

I swear, if Opera starts acting any more retarded than this, it'll endanger my physical health.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2009
  6. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Lol, you made a great point regarding Google. So far, no one is going after them hardcore because so many think that searching the net=Google. I don't see Yahoo running and crying to the media, putting out almost daily bitch-fests to the AP, tech magazines and blogs. I also don't see the EU going after them for putting out their own products. I mean, Google has a browser, web apps, a search engine, email, you name it...and a POSSIBLE operating system (I really am going to be interested in whether the "anti-trust" boys make a move on that....I doubt it).

Hell, there aren't all that many people going after them for their privacy practices. They're basically skating along unscathed. But, oh god forbid Microsoft bundles its own software with its OS, god know, we can't have that, that's just plain unfair. The EU would probably try to destroy Windows as a whole if they could get anyone else relevant besides Apple to make enough of a stink.

7. progress

progress Guest

Opera on the 5th place? That's not fair! :shifty:

Attached Files:

8. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

With all their bitching I think it's quite nice of MS to even bother putting them up there, though I'm disappointed they did, they don't deserve it. One thing catches my eye...Safari? I wasn't expecting that one. Chrome is somewhat surprising given that Opera has more users than it does, but, it is what it is. So the choices are two browsers everyone knows about (IE and Firefox), two browsers that barely have a user base (Opera and Chrome), and one from Microsoft's original competition.

On a good note, maybe this will shut Opera up and they'll remove their pacifier and get a fresh diaper.

9. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

dw426, according to the w3schools.com Browser Statistics, Safari is sandwiched between Chrome and Opera.

BTW, their OS Platform Statistics shows Win7 gaining strength every month. Not bad for a BETA!

10. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Speaking of Google Chrome, I have found a good use for its speed. I made it my default browser so when I'm reading e-mail and have to click a url, it comes right up, rather than have to wait for FF to load. When I boot up and decide to surf the web, I use my FF.
    As for MS bundling its own browser with its OS, I guess that would be the logical thing to do.

11. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

12. Fly

Fly Registered Member

The common market. Started in 1993 if my memory is accurate.

In the early years, it was all about free trade, mandating some standards to improve competition.

Now, it's political. :thumbd:

13. progress

progress Guest

Now it's Mozilla: Read more

Mozilla proposed a change today that would change the current ordering of the browsers, currently in alphabetical order of manufacture, to order of market share, with the exception of IE.

Nice try :D

14. Fly

Fly Registered Member

Why would they do that ?
    It's hard to believe they are stupid enough to think that this proposal would be adopted ? :blink:

15. c2d

c2d Registered Member

I can't believe that they are making such a big deal about the order
    It's so irrelevant

16. Windchild

Windchild Registered Member

Apparently Mozilla are a bunch of... well, I'll leave that word out, too. As I predicted, someone would start whining about the order of the browsers in the list. "Surprisingly", Mozilla wants "order by market share, except that Firefox should be first and market leader IE somewhere else". LOL. That is blatantly ridiculous. :D Random order is also stupid. People expect order. If the order changes all the time, it makes no sense. Either alphabetical order, or order by market share with no exceptions to make Mozilla look better is what is needed. I would go for order by market share.

17. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

I just thought, how the hell do I download FireFox with my new PC if there's no web browser?

18. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

good question, guess ull need to have a UBS drive and put it on there ahead of time :D

19. c2d

c2d Registered Member

You can use internet without any web browser.
    Just follow these steps-

1. Open a notepad or Calculator or Paint
    2. Go to the Help section and Click Help Topics.
    3. After the New Window Comes, Left Click on the icon in the top left corner.

Notepad_1.JPG

web browser.JPG

web browser2.JPG

20. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

seems like an awful lot of effort for something so simple, plus i was reading that its up the manufacturer discretion what browser they install, so u WILL have a browser at least :)

21. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

Yes, but how the the "normal" user who just got his PC and want to browse know about that?

22. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Yeah, that's a lot easier than clicking my FF icon. :D

23. progress

progress Guest

o_O

Read more ... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.