Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor
    In general, if your PC can run Windows Vista, it can run Windows 7. But if you're not running Windows Vista, or are just not sure if your system is ready to run Windows 7, there's a quick way to do a simple check.

Just download, install, and run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Beta. You'll get a report telling you if your PC can run Windows 7, and if there are any known compatibility issues. If the issues can be resolved, you'll get suggestions for next steps. For example, it'll let you know if you need an updated software driver. You'll also get advice on how to upgrade to Windows 7.

Note: Information about your computer will be sent back to Microsoft; however, no information will be used to identify or contact you. For more information, read our privacy statement.

Before you begin
    Before you run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor beta, be sure to plug in any USB devices or other devices such as printers, external hard drives, or scanners that are regularly used with the PC you're evaluating.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/upgrade-advisor.aspx

2. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

Thanks for the heads-up, Nick.
    I've already tested yesterday.

3. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

I tried to upgrade vista to windows 7 two weeks ago but it turned out to be an unusable cripple windows 7. I had to fresh install again.

Before upgrade,windows 7 checked and said only my Deamon tools would be unusable after upgrade. However,the upgrade was nearly a total failure.

4. vafan

vafan Registered Member

Thanks for the tip. Have an old PC that i was thinking of installing W7 on. This was just what i needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.