Windows 7 -- tweaks to make navigation quicker

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Sully, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

2. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

Nice! This may be off topic but here goes. It's related to this one in the link you provided,
    Code:
    13.Date and Time (Additional Clocks) = rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL timedate.cpl,,1
    I have an additional clock which can appear when one clicks the date/time in the task tray(Win 7). My problem is this, I don't use the Win 7 date/time. Instead I use the date/time app from Stoic Joker. This allows me to have the full date/time on one line with the taskbar set at small icons. Stoic Jokers app allows for customizing additional items to be added via the context menu. I would like to add the above mentioned additional clock to the Stoic Joker context menu but for the life of me can't figure out what the click event for the additional clock is. Can anyone help with this? I use Malware Defender HIPS and was sure that I could figure it out with that but haven't as of right now.

3. MrBrian

I don't have an answer for that, but thank you for your earlier URL :). Actually, I found the URL that I posted because of your post.

4. MrBrian

FileMenu Tools (freeware) allows one to disable items in the context menu, add custom commands to the context menu, and configure "Send to" items.

5. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Thanks. There are many such tools, have been for a long time. I have tried many of them in the past. The only thing I have not liked about 'most' of them is that you had to have the tool itself running in order for the magic to work. Not all were that way, but most it seemed. I learned how to do most of the context menu stuff myself, or create tools that do the registry work for me and then are not needed.

Sul.

6. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Eh, I switched back to XP again, but find myself really wishing to be able to use win7. Disc access is just horrid compared to XP, at least for me. All these tweaks etc just haven't cured that part yet.

Anyway, I was looking at more explorer replacements. I really really really hate how the explorer in vista/7 work. So slow compared to XP.

So I found a fix for the fullrowselect feature, to turn it off. I lost that link, but I did find one that works.

Here is a nice link
    http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

a little tool to change the start menu and/or the explorer. I installed both, and actually like it a lot. The explorer option lets you use it in a mode called Simple XP, and it is great. No more of the strange working of the new explorer. You get the look of the new with the actions of the old. Maybe SP1 will address some of these stupid changes that are slower not faster, who knows.

Sul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.