Windows 7 Standard Users - Change Advance System Settings?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DasFox, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

As the admin account with two standard users accounts on Windows 7, I'd like to be able to change the 'Advanced System Settings' - 'Advanced Tab' - 'Performance', uncheck ,'Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing' and 'Fade or slide menus into view'.

I find that when I log into one of the standard users account and change this it lets me by asking me for my admin password, but then when I log out and log back in, the setting are back to default and the menus and windows are fading in and out again.

How can I keep these settings for the standard users accounts?

THANKS

2. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

I ran into that issue before and there's a different method that worked under a limited account. Try this: Control Panel-> Performance information and tools-> Adjust visual effects. I think that's what worked for me. I haven't played with those settings in ages so can't exactly remember but I believe that's it.

3. timestand

timestand Former Poster

Nice question and as you say I run in this problem before also. But I find fix ok smart mans?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.