Windows 7 permissions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by JimBob29, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimBob29

JimBob29 Registered Member

Setting up my new home computer with ESET I am having permissions issues with Windows 7. Unfortunately I am new to Windows 7 and it is proving to be a puzzle. My user account is set as the administrator on the computer and there are no parental controls set.

Early in the install I get an error dialogue box stating:

"Could not write value to key. Verify that you have sufficient access to this key or contact your support personnel" (See attached .jpeg)

I am sure that permissions are easy to change I simply don't know where to navigate to.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  2. JimBob29

(Here's the attachment)

Attached Files:

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

4. JimBob29

Thanks for the advice.

I found my answer in a another forum. Apparently Windows 7 has a bug in which the default Administrator user account does not actually have full permissions. The only way (from what I've read) to gain full permissions is to create another administrator account (via the existing one). This new account truly has full permissions, the original default account can then be deleted as it is junk...

This fix worked for me... I guess its a windows thing so it does not need to make sense...

Thanks again for the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.