Windows 7 & Nod32 = Compatible!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Concepts, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Concepts

Concepts Registered Member

Nod32 v3 is currently compatible and working beautifully on the latest version of Windows 7 Pre-Beta!

I just thought I would share this good news with the community here. :)

Edit: I forgot to mention this is the x64 version of windows 7 and nod32 as well. I have not tested the 32bit version but I am almost 100% sure it's compatible as well.

I have attached a screen shot as well.

http://www.rigshowcase.com/pic.php?u=94yJmv8&i=14283

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Good news to hear that NOD32 is Windows7 Compatible.
    Bad news is that Win7 is in Pre-Beta at this time and a short-few of us have had or want to have a glimpse of it until it comes out at least as as a final Beta prior to RTFM.

3. rseiler

rseiler Registered Member

Windows 7 Beta (Build 7000) is out in certain circles, and will be out to everyone officially before too long.

I'm curious to see how NOD fares with it. Another thread indicated that even v4 works (with an earlier Win7 anyway), so it looks promising for this release.

Does even 2.7 work?

4. siljaline

Might I add that Win 7 RTM is a long way off. Some say RTM is Xmas 2009, which remains to be seen, at the least. Additionally, anyone reading this that manages to get a copy of the pre-Beta or Beta better make sure you run in on a test box or via Virtual Machine.

Let's wait for the Mods here to figure out what the official position is with Win 7 and NOD32.

5. rseiler

Yes, but the people in the press most in the know are predicting mid-year. This is a very, very mature product even in the Beta 1 stage--much more like release candidate quality. Nothing at all like Vista Beta 1, which was terrible.

6. siljaline

I've read some speculation that Win 7 is based on the Vista Platform, though.
    Not sure if that is a fair statement, but that's what I've heard from several
    sources.
    <rant>
    Won't catch me running anything that is based on the Vista Platform!
    </rant>

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Why should they have an official position for something that is still not even in BETA ? :rolleyes: Although it is rare , it might even not even become final :doubt:

This must be true as there are many users on the net who report that they can successfully run software made for Vista on their pre-beta Windows 7 builds. This is also valid for ESET NOD32 v3 and v4 - reported here on Wilders :thumb:

8. rseiler

You're right, it's a direct evolution of Vista. I like to think of it as Vista R2. In Vista, MS did all the heavy lifting in terms of revamping the infrastructure from what it was in XP, and Windows 7, I think, is essentially going to be Vista with almost three years of perspective. For me, Vista wasn't bad after about the first six months of hot fixes were out of the way. The perception of Vista in the general public somehow spun way out of control until myth became reality.

9. JuliusB

JuliusB Registered Member

windows 7 build 7000 beta1 (the real beta) has leaked to the INTERNET a day ago.

10. siljaline

This is nothing new as MS does this deliberately to distribute the Beta/Pre-Beta to more O/S Thrashers :cautious:

11. Ar3a27nm

Ar3a27nm Registered Member

good news for NOD that it can run on Win7 beta...

You know, when you go to grocery store and buy a container a Milk; you look for the Sell-by/Use-by date don't you. I learned my lesson when the company switched from Windows 2000 Pro to XP...guess what, there wasn't a "Service Pack 1" sticker on the WinXP box. I had a sizeable headache for 8+ months because of that decision.

I will stick with Win XP Pro and XP-64 until Microsoft pulls the update plug out, then I'll look and see what options materialize. Vista is better now thanks to SP-1 has come out, but just not cost effective to replace 200+ installations with it so I will wait.

I would rather wait until the year 2012, giving Microsoft plenty of time to properly prepare, test, debug, patch, and fix Windows 7 long before I buy it.

...just my $0.02

12. JuliusB

JuliusB Registered Member

for corporate, maybe
    but for home users I think windows 7 will be great.
    people are already finding it's a great, fast and stable os even if it's still beta

13. GettinSadda

GettinSadda Registered Member

I have tried NOD32 v3 on Windows 7 Beta 7000, but it almost constantly blue screens. The BSODs happen in tdx.sys.

As far as I can tell the root of the problem is linked to having network shares mapped to drive letters.

This is rather annoying for me as I purchased a 2-PC license so that I could have 1 copy on my development machine and a second on my test machine, but I now run my test machine under Windows 7 (for testing!).

14. rseiler

That's unlucky, since here and everywhere else I read, I see reports of NOD32/Win7 success stories. See if the v4 beta, which is also compatible, solves the problem.

15. GettinSadda

GettinSadda Registered Member

I am now running the NOD32 v4 beta - and that seems stable (for now)

<HomerSimpson>
    Woo Hoo!
    </HomerSimpson>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.