Windows 7 drive letters question!

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by ratchet, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I built a PC and installed Windows 7. The case has two USB 2 ports and one USB 3 port (functional but no devices yet). By default (I assume) "Computer" of course list drives C and D but then lists "Removable Disk(s) E, F, G, H, I and J. Being obsessive, using "Disk Management" I wanted to change my external HD to E but it would only change it to "E: (J)". I figured it is because the HD is formatted Primary NTFS. If that is the reason, if I change it to Removable NTFS will Paragon back up/restore from it formatted Removable? Thank you!

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The HD is normally setup as a primary NTFS.

My guess is that you have a card reader and it is getting the letter assignments. If so, they can be disabled in the the Device Manager but that may render the reader useless.

Try Googling something like: removable disks e,f,g and see what comes up as a solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.