windows 7 64bit home update issue help please

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by taleblou, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:
    I do not know why lately I can not update my e-machine windows 7 64bit home OEM anymore and get errors of 80070643 and 80071A91. I tried manually downloading the updates from MS site but I can not install them and get error. I also tried service pack 1 today and I get errors. it seems anything MS related with update or upgrade is giving errors. I searched and read and done all suggestion and still no solution. So does anyone have a similar situation or know what the problem could be? Thanks in advance.

By the way my pc is clean and no infections.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I have encountered this problem several times, but not recently.

I have successfully used the procedure described by Peter 123 in post #7 in the previous link.

Another solution I have used is to restore a backup image of the system partition.

4. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:
    Thanks. It seems running "fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\" in command prompt under admin did it. Now I have all the updates. Thanks. I did not go through the rest and only the above did the job. Now I have service pack 1 installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.