Windows 2003 sp1 Mounting Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Patleith, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

This issue has been fixed in the latest build, 1143.

2. Existenz404

Existenz404 Registered Member

when will the update be avalible for Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows o_O?

3. MarcelNetherlands

MarcelNetherlands Registered Member

And so it goes one, october 4th the same problem no solution.

How is this possible, that you can find nothing of this BIG PROBLEM on the site of Acronis.

We spend(waste) a lot of money for True Image Server.

So does have anybody a suggestion?

:'(

4. Micha

Micha Guest

I have solved the Problem.

I have tested it with Server 8, build 937.
    The problem is, that windows fixes the driver files in directory sytem32/drivers.

Step 1: Therefore, uninstall your acronis true image.
    Step 2: reboot
    Step 3: go to system32/drivers folder in windows directory
    Step 4: Search for 2 driver files from acronis: tifsfilt.sys and timntr.sys.
    Step 5: Delete them
    Step 6: reinstall true image

reason is, that the install and deinstall of acronis is not able to remove/replace this driver files from server2003 SP1 on, therefore the older ones are not substituted.

Thats all

5. JeremyKitching

JeremyKitching Registered Member

I tried the above steps and I still can't get my partition to mount on Windows Server 2003 :(

6. shahzad

shahzad Guest

A quick follow-up guys. We have tried this with version 9 as well. This time it gives the message 'file is corrupt'. What a pitty!!!!

No offense "Acronis", but you guys should be sued here.

7. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Let's try to keep rational here - I've already had to remove one post. Feel free to start your own thread if none of these solutions work for you and post your support number there so that you can be helped.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2005
  8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

9. ralphdecaro

ralphdecaro Guest

I have just setup a brand new machine with Windows 2003 Server SP1 and installed Acronis TI Server build 937. The system totally freezes up after starting Ti at the "analyzing partition" stage. When I attempted to uninstall it it also froze. So, how do I manually uninstall this bad build?

I have also read the comments and complaints above. Acronis support staff - please remember that we are spending our money for the product. It is overall a good product that we have come to rely on but when something goes bad we look to you, the experts for help.

10. Craz

Craz Guest

I have a windows 2003 SP1 network as well but I am running TrueImage 7.0 build 638 and am experiencing the same problem.

Will I need to upgrade to version 8.0 to solve the problem?

Rob

11. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

Yes you will, but it might be an idea to hold off for a while if you possibly can. V9 should be released within the next 2 or 3 months and it will be cheaper with fewer hassles to go directly from v7 to v9.:cool:

12. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

Do I sense some irony here? :)

13. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

Not deliberately, but I know where you're coming from. Seriously though, he has a
    Server OS, so he is using TI Server for Windows and that is still at v8.:cool:

14. Acronis Support

Hello ralphdecaro,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

Please download and install the latest build (101:cool: of Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please also check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility:

- Use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive;

- Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

If the problem still persists after installing the update and checking your hard drive then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected files to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

15. Acronis Support

Hello Craz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility and then install the latest version of Acronis drivers as it is described in my previous post addressed to ralphdecaro.

If that does not help then please collect the following information:

- Enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file;

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows and see if the problem still persists;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected files and information to your request along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.