Windows 2003 server

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by LaDDL, Aug 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaDDL

LaDDL Guest

Hi,

I'd like to know if NOD v2 on Windows 2003 server presents any incompatibility ?

Thx for the answer, ;)

2. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Hi LaDDL,

Iam sure one of the Mods can answer that question ;)

For me, no trouble running NOD on Windows Server 2000.

rgds,
    Martin

3. LaDDL

LaDDL Guest

Thx Martin for your answer but for me too no problems with NOD on old versions windows server. ;)

But a friend reported to me he met an incompatibility with Active Directory on Win2003 Server using NOD v2.

So reason why i posted this thread.

I wait Mods'answers. ;)

4. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Hi LaDDL

Point taken, iam curious as well :rolleyes:

rgds,
    Martin

5. asdf69

asdf69 Guest

unfortunately v2 kills DNS and Active Directory on windows server 2003 (they sart working normaly afer nod is uninstalled)...hoping for a (quick) fix

6. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi,

>unfortunately v2 kills DNS and Active Directory on windows server 2003 (they sart working normaly afer nod is uninstalled)...hoping for a (quick) fix

We know about the similar problems and the fix has already appeared! :D If anybody needs it - pls. send me an IM with your mail address.

The fix will be also added to the next program components update (released according to the needs).

Cheers, :cool:

jan

7. LaDDL

LaDDL Registered Member

Hi Jan,

Thx 4 the answer. Hooah !

My friend will be happy to ear that. Cuz he's nod user (like me since a long time ;) ) & he doesn't want to switch to another AV.

So do u know when it ll fix ?

Cya

Note he s on french win2003 server version

8. Niko

Niko Guest

>We know about the similar problems and the fix has already appeared! If anybody needs it - pls. send me an IM with your mail address.

I'am interrested in, could you please send me the fix because I need antivirus for 2003 server quickly. All other products I've tested are not as good as NOD32.
    If V2 doesn't work, Does V1 work on 2003 server with AD and DNS ?

>The fix will be also added to the next program components update (released according to the needs).

When ?

Niko

9. DiGi

DiGi Registered Member

Maybe it can be conflict with IMON cleaner... I have many trobles with IMON...

Try install NOD with disabled IMON scanner... Active Directory should works fine...

10. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi LaDDL,

>So do u know when it ll fix ?

As i alredy wrote:

the fix has already appeared!

>My friend will be happy to ear that. Cuz he's nod user (like me since a long time ) & he doesn't want to switch to another AV.

Is Niko the fried you've written about? I've already sent him the fix.

Niko,

>If V2 doesn't work, Does V1 work on 2003 server with AD and DNS ?

To write the truth we haven't tried it - because here are many things to do with the v2 and we are pretty busy - feel free to try it, if you want :).

>The fix will be also added to the next program components update (released according to the needs).
    When ?

According to the needs - that's mean when more fixes will be collected and the situation will be suitable - it could be in a couple of days. If anybody needs the fix - just contact me - we'll send you the fix.

DiGi,

>Maybe it can be conflict with IMON cleaner...

You've got it - ;) - the IMON fix (imon.dll) is available (I've already sent it to more people).

>I have many trobles with IMON...

If you have any problems, pls. post it to a new topic here or contact our support at:

http://www.nod32.com/support/support.htm

We have many things to do, but want to fix the problems. When it takes a bit longer it doesn't mean we are sleeping - that means we are busy with solving more problems. :)

>Try install NOD with disabled IMON scanner... Active Directory should works fine...

That should help, but with the fix IMON is supposed to run OK with the Win 2003 server.

dRag0nMa,

>it seems the iMon has problem with VmWare 4.02 also.
    if i install Nod32.v2 first and i have a lot of services start failed and if install vmware first everyting go well.
    test:win2k3.en+rpc patch
    dose anyone have the same problem?

Pls. start a new topic about this issue. post splitted into a new thread - paul

Thanks, :)

jan

11. DiGi

DiGi Registered Member

Jan - is new imon.dll included in automatic updates or I must ask for it? :) I want it! :D

12. LaDDL

LaDDL Registered Member

Hi Jan,

Jan> As i alredy wrote:
    Jan> the fix has already appeared!

I saw that.
    Thx. ;)

Jan> Is Niko the fried you've written about? I've already sent him the fix.

Yep cuz we talked about Win2003 server + nodv2 on another NG : alt.fr.compartifs.antivirus
    So now u know all the story :D

Cya later,

Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.