Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by stapp, Aug 3, 2016.

1. rm22

rm22 Registered Member

same here. I can't see MS doing this though - we're the quality control...

you can have your own LTS version without too much effort - I've blocked 1607 with wushowhide on all machines & as long as 1511 keeps getting updates I'll block the next upgrade as well & just update annually if all goes well. seems to be working so far - no attempts by MS to push it again through WU.

2. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

I also blocked 1607 with wushowhide, and checked immediately afterwards that it was hidden, and it was.
    But subsequently it simply disappeared from the hidden list i.e. no hidden updates, and has not reappeared or been offered again through WU.
    @rm22 Would you have expected that? Is 1607 still in your hidden list?

Edit: I just checked again, and 1607 is back in the hidden list, after weeks if not months! I wonder what happened there ...

3. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

Any suggest to drivers in Windows 10 AU. Windows Changes my oem drivers. Turn off from system and by update MS does nothing.
    How do You install drivers on Yours Windows 10 AU ?

4. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Did the installation of Windows native drivers cause any issues? If not, let it be. If yes, first of all revert drivers to the previous state in device manager. If it won't help then check for updates of the drivers in device manager or download the latest versions from the vendor website and install them.

5. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

OK but on OEM's drivers machine works very well. Thank Windows 10 change some of the drivers in spite of block of updates. after this I feel that no works well.
    Do You think that updates drivers in device manager is good option ?
    Maybe should I update all drivers in device manager. system chooses some device after that I have some device from chipset from diferent dates maybe here is the problem.

6. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Right clik on a driver, click Update sofware of the driver and choose Search software automatically. I have used it many times without an issue. For the rest of your query, do what you think but keep in mind the general rule ... If there is no problem with a driver, don't update it. The newer driver doesn't automatically mean better performance.

7. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

Thanks
    today I have got message that my OEM doesn't provide drivers because Windows 10 still change system. I want to have only chipset from one date, because after some changes my machine starts working worse. I think is that that drivers of divice are not work well together.
    Did You update that Chipset too ? I don't want better performance I want better stability, because when system change more than can be worst.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  8. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I have been updating solely via Windows Update regardless whatever it brings. I only updated BIOS before upgrade from 8.1 to 10. As regards drivers I don't update them manually unless I encounter some issue what happened two or three times with the graphic (I have a dual graphic machine Intel and AMD). In those cases I reverted drivers to the previous state or updated via device manager, I cannot recall now exactly.

9. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

I have yet dock station and now I think that some old drivers can cause some problems with normal working.

10. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I have a docking station for my Acer laptop too and never had a single issue with it. Docking stations usually don't have their own drivers.

11. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

OK but I connect to the other cable with usb 3 for adapter wifi. whether there is a difference ? maybe better is connect direclty to laptop ?

12. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Yes, it can make a difference. You can try to connect directly and you will see.

13. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

OK Thanks
    Regards

14. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

@pegas As a matter of interest, do you still have your shutdown / restart issue?

15. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

It may not be necessary to use Device Manager. Personal experiences vary hugely, so to be prudent, I would get certain drivers only from computer's website/Intel/Nvidia and avoid the Nvidia 3D "upgrade" unless you know you really need it. Most generic drivers installed by default are adequate anyway. I think if you update to build 1511/1607, it's very wise to see if chipset drivers are available for your machine via its website. Check what any available update to BIOS is supposed to address via the read-me. Updating BIOS isn't always the right choice, even though the latest version may be available to you. Example: my BIOS version is from Windows 10 1511, but I'm on W10/1607, and there's a newer BIOS available now. Not installing it, there are no problems. Did you check whether your computer's website offers a hardware scan? You might try this also.

If you get bluescreens of death or freezes, the usual cause is incorrect/corrupt/incompatible driver(s). As for the docking station, the only way to find out is to try it!

16. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

Computer's webside - only old drivers
    Intel - for me hard to find suitable for my hardware.

17. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Go to MajorGeeks and download a driver utility. I use "Driver Booster 4"

18. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

OK i will check too

19. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Hi Grumlo:

Do you happen to have a Toshiba or Fujitsu machine? Certain models of those were supposedly cleared to update to Windows 10 only to be deemed incompatible after the fact.:mad:

I would also run a hardware scan from your computer's website if one is available.

20. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

Fujitsu machine.
    What should I do with this ?

21. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Yes. My IT guy is working on it but I don't know how it goes. I don't care as I reboot sporadically and it's happening only on our company network.

22. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

23. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

I did all from Fujitsu. I used Fujitsu updater to in spite of my Windows 10 change some of my drivers, after this I have problems with stable working. I tried turn off the update but it works for 10 days only. On the Fujitsu web are drivers from 2015 for example chipset, which Windows 10 change only some of them.

24. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Hi Grumlo:

I see. OK, please have a look at this thread starting in the middle of the first page, this may or may not apply to the specific model of your Fujitsu machine. Like I said before, even though your machine may have gotten the OK to install Windows 10, clearly serious issues arose after the fact, causing many users to roll back.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...orrectly/fa1dd2bb-aad0-43ea-8684-c2e0a21a4749

You might have to consider rolling back to the Windows version you had originally (Windows 7/8/8.1). To be safe, you might want to give Fujitsu support a call and have your machine model and serial number handy. Someone there can provide much better assistance.

25. Grumlo

Grumlo Registered Member

Hi Plat1098,
    thanks. Today I contacted support said my that my model is support to Windows 10 but drivers can be old :) They won't be give new drivers like other manufactures because to many changes by Microsoft.
    Regards

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.