WindowBlinds 4.6

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chachazz, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chachazz

chachazz Updates Team

WindowBlinds 4.6 available
    8/15/2005

The new version of WindowBlinds adds the ability to have alpha blended "glow" effects for title bar buttons, push buttons, and other controls. When a user mouse-overs a control in a visual style that makes use of this feature, a glow effect appears that can go outside the window (i.e. it's really cool looking). 4.6 also has a number of tweaks to further increase performance and reduce memory use.

<All changes & Download>

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Hi chachazz

Could you (or anyone with the answer) please tell me something, i have tried WindowBlinds many times because i would actually like to use it, but in every version that i've tried i have had checkboxes disappearing, tabs with only half the text there usually is...etc and quite a lot of this in fact.

My question is if this limited to the free version or if i'm just unlucky with my combination of soft/hardware? :)

3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Don Pelotas,

The free version is restricted in the Windows elements it skins (for instance, IIRC it does not skin scrollbars). What you are seeing may be due to problem video drivers - have you updated them recently?

4. Don Pelotas

Yes, always up to date, the problem was most annoying in Process Guard where the checkboxes would be missing in the alerts, i have a radeon 9600 with catalyst 5.7 installed without the catalyst controlcenter. I haven't tried the latest version of WindowBlinds and may try it in the next week. :)

5. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

I'm using an older version of WindowBlinds (3.5) and that did not make any changes to the PG UI (all DCS's fault - using non-standard UI components.... :) ). This may be an issue with system colours (KAV2006 had a problem with WB) so does this happen with all skins or just a couple?

6. Don Pelotas

Yes, 2-3, but i can't remember which ones (exept PG) and then there is the missing text in a couple, Kav 5.0 is one.

I guess i'll install WB 4.6 tomorrow and see if it's the same or if the latest version has changed anything. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.