Window Washer, Privacy Guardian, or another?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by gracie123, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

I am trying to find a excellent PC cleaner as far as to erase IE cookies, cache, all that kind of stuff. I've always used Privacy Guardian and it works well. Just wondering if Window Washer is better or if theres another thats better or if Privacy Guardian is just fine... Whether it costs money or not, I'd appreciate all suggestions :).

Thanks so much...

Gracie :)

2. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Hi Gracie,

The cleaner I prefer is Ace Utilities , you should give it a try. The only Window Washer feature missing in Ace seems to be this Disk formatting utility (not sure it's something to use very often); in the other hand, I don't know how does WW perform about cleaning, compared to Ace. All I can say is Ace's cleaning is thorough, and safe (and every settings can be changed).

But something to know is : if their prices are the same, Ace is a one-time buy software, you get all futures updates/upgrades for free ;) ...when WW is a one-year subscription...

Cheers,
    nicM

3. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Gracie

I used Privacy Guardian, but dumped it in favor of CCleaner. See:

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Take Care
    rico

P.S. I'm sure you will like it!

4. spm

spm Registered Member

There are a lot of cleaners out there, some free and some not. CCleaner (as recommended above) is a good free utility. If you want more, you could try "R-Wipe&Clean" (yes, it's a dreadful name) at http://www.r-wipe.com. It allows you to schedule cleaning not only by time, but also by events such as closing IE or Firefox, user logoff, and others.

For example, you could configure a task to clean IE's cache, history and cookies (except for a list of wanted ones) every time IE is closed.

There are cleaners around which also offer scheduling, but none as flexible as R-Wipe&Clean's.

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Quite an impressive list of features indeed. It cleans even things, I didn't know about. :D
    My free cute CCleaner is a toy compared with this one.
    If it turns out, I can't live without such cleaners, I will try & buy this one.
    Thanks. The software is on my list of better softwares.

6. gracie123

Hi all :).. I appreciate all the suggestions. I will try them all...

7. notageek

notageek Registered Member

I use window washer and it seems to work good. It bleaches (erases) the stuff I need it to.

8. gracie123

Ok :)... Everyone, rather than making a new thread I thought to ask here. I found a program that sounds very good and it may be better than the others mentioned here but thats why I'd like to get your opinions or anyone who wants to reply to this thread :)....

I found a program called CyberScrub Privacy Suite available at http://cyberscrub.com/

What do you think of it ?

9. spm

spm Registered Member

Personally, I found it very flaky and it had all sorts of incompatibilities with other (non-security/privacy) applications. I initially purchased a licence last year, but returned it for a refund shortly afterwards. I can't say whether or not it has improved since then (hopefully it has) but as with all software, you would be best advised to test it thoroughly on your equipment and come to your own conclusions.

10. notageek

notageek Registered Member

I never tried CyberScrub. Try it and see if it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.