Window Washer deleting desktop icons

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by ronandex, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronandex

ronandex Registered Member

This is the second day after running Webroot Window Washer v.4 build 409 that some of my desktop icons were deleted. I also have CCleaner and CyberScrub installed, but I've never had any problems until the last two days. I've run my spyware detection programs and nothing picked up. Really weird but I thought I'd report it here in case anyone else runs across this issue. I"m also dual booting XP Pro and Vista Business. No problems with any other software programs.

2. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I used window washer for a period of time until 6 months ago. The only problem I have encountered is its cookies manager, it seems to fail to remember the keep list. Other than that ,it is a good app, v.4 b 409 is 2 years old copy, I don't know any recent upgrade ? Your problem associated with missing of some desktop icons may have something to do with registry cleaner, such as CCleanner(its internet cleaner seems ok, but its registry cleaner may have some bugs). You may try using WW alone, and refrain from using CCleaner and CyberScrub, and see whether you can isolate the origin of the problem. Good luck.

3. Ranger Bob

Ranger Bob Registered Member

Latest version is version 6 build 6.0.2.466. I have never had any problems like described above.

4. Aspirin

Aspirin Registered Member

Ditto here about version 6.
    This version also has a couple of extra wash facilities - namely a free space washer to overwrite already deleted files and a system eraser to completely wipe and overwrite a hard drive if you're selling your computer. (Though you can also do it with free programs like Eraser and SDelete as well.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.