Window Logging

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by bhunted, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhunted

bhunted Registered Member

Hi Folks!

Maybe someone can give me a little insite here. I've owned Port Explorer for quite some time but haven't cranked it up in awhile.
    Now I need it to help me find some port problems.

Question is, everything seems to be working fine except there never is anything in the Logging Window below the main window. I do not have it disabled and their is no limit to the list. I cleared it just to see if it were bugged but that didn't help. Is there any reason for this or is there something wrong? I have the latest version of Port Explorer installed. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks...... :D

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello bhunted and welcome to the forum.
    Do you run XP or another system?
    And did it work fine in the past?
    What more are you running, i mean did you install programs in the meantime?
    It could be for instance some system files are overwritten, to name an example.
    Did you try to set the limit to 500 lines and did you check the "show local trafic" and "show remote traffic"?
    Does the log file work properly? Also that i put on the lowest value to keep it within reasonable sizes.

3. Sleepy

Sleepy Registered Member

Hi, Windows logging always stops working after I update ZoneAlarm and I have to re-install PE, which, is quite often these days!

4. Mephisto

Mephisto Guest

So i guess this is a problem that seems to have no fix yet ... i reinstalled my PE and still can't get the window logging back. It also seems the DCS employees are also avoiding the 4 or 5 threads regarding this problem that have been open for a week now.

Well guys (DCS) what the heck is the deal with this? It's no longer an isolated event ... it's a growing trend.

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.