Winbar = cool!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Detox, Jul 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Tester mentioned this application in the "memory meter" thread and I thought I'd give it a go even though I've never felt a need to monitor my memory.. Anyway this thing is really cool I think... seems to use about zilch resources and I got a new bar at the top of my screen - now my computer clock is synched to NASA and I have the day of the week displayed up there.. and a little google search bar... I used a couple other things like CPU and memory usage - the up and down monitor is nice to know what's going on without opening the sygate monitor...

Maybe I'm just silly but it's such a simple free thing and I think it's real cool hehe

the URL for anyone interested is www.winbar.nl

and thanks for inadvertantly letting me know about this thing Tester :)

2. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

Indeed its a great tool, I've been using it for about a year now, my main likes are the winamp and DU Meter, very handy.

I have noticed a small bug with it though, several times in my usage of it I've started up windows to have winbar tell me 'as its the first time using it blah blah' This necessitates setting it up again, but apart from that its very handy.

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hm when I installed I set it to NOT startup at logon... Before I checked the thing out - Now I would like it to do so; but it looks like I would hafta reinstall to make that happen!

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

No problem Detox.

I looked at a few similar programs and I liked WinBar the best.

I use much the same configuration as you do,with the addition of the DU Meter that Tinribs pointed out.

You can even change the colors for more personal customising.

I got hooked on WinBar when I had my old system with less RAM.
    It was nice seeing a memory display and CPU display when I tried new programs.

I haven't found any bugs in it yet.Knock on wood!
    I have it setup to start with Windows.I don't recall not having it set that way.

5. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

What version of Winbar are you all using....the stable......the older betao_Oo_Oo_O Looks like a nice program and want to try it out.

bob

6. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Hello Bob.

The version that I have is WinBar 1.2 build 95 beta.
    I tried the update today and that's the latest version.

7. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Yup I got the newest one too - the one with the installer that some people seem to have had some sorta trouble with o_O
    no trouble for me.. and I use the DU meter too I believe - that's the up and download meter right? The thing automatically set it to match my desktop color config so I like that.. so far :cool:

8. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

I picked the newest and it seems to work fine. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.