WinASO RegDefrag Free Problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TairikuOkami, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Hi, I made some changes in registry and WinASO RegDefrag 1.2 is not working.

When I click "Next", it does not analyze registry. I tried it after clean instal and it was working then I merged my reg file and tried it again and it was not working anymore. I wonder why, it is usefull utility.

I can not revert some changes (which could be the reason of this "little" problem), like those:
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems]	
    "Optional"=-
    "Posix"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RemoteComputer\NameSpace]
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts]
    I think, that I can find out at next clean instal (next month), what caused this to happen, but if you have an idea, post it in here please, I would be thankfull and my PC would be happy as well. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I have found the problem, it was caused by two local security policy settings:
    Backup files and directories & Restore files and directories has to contain a user.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.