WinAntispyware 2006

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Perman, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: This app is currently on spywarewarrior's blacklist. According to spywarewarrior, one of the main reasons impounding it, is aggressive advertising, not mentioning any F.P. or something else. I just wonder that has anyone had tried out and what would be your recommendations ? This app could be likely sit within a grey area.:rolleyes:

2. TNT

TNT Registered Member

A "grey area"? Definitely not. This is rogue stuff, as is anything produced by "Winsoftware" (Winfixer, ErrorSafe, etc).

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: Thank you for your informative inputs. Out of curiosity, I may do the following: On a snapshot(created by FD-ISR),clone a paid version of said app from friend's copy, then run a complete scan w/ superantispyware, spyware terminator and zero spyware, just to see any reaction from these three apps. And then update its def, use it to run a complete scan to see whether any adverse effect from it. Wish me luck!

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Good luck.
    This is typical for rogue antispyware : scare you with possible threats and no removal, unless you buy it.
    They don't care about you or protection, they just want your money.
    For me there is no grey area, it's black or white.

6. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

My pop-pop had this crud on his computer, he said it was annoying, didn't help anything and that even AOL's anti-spyware thing removed more then this. He said WinAntiSpyware embedded itself into startup etc.

7. A1SteakSauce

A1SteakSauce Registered Member

I had winfixer on a computer once... It was really hard to remove. I also fell for the SpyAxe trick: your PC is curently infected with blahblahblah It will steal credit card numbers blahblah I freaked out being it not my computer but my dads and he had credit ccard numbers in it. I downlloaded SpyAxe and it told me to buy it. I was so worried but in the end I used Spybot to destroy the nuisence.

8. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I got this trojan on my laptop back in May. :mad: It would produce pop up ads each time the browser was opened. It adds files to your Windows32 folder and adds registry links and DLL items to other system folders. I was able to get rid of it by using VUNDOFIX from the atribune website and Hijackthis from Merijn site. A lot of PCs have this infection (some with the rootkit variant) and there were several methods used to get rid of the item. I used quite a few online scanners and programs and only a few of them detected the trojan on my system. The trojan had the capability to alter its file name in order to avoid detection. Since Winfixer and other "win" named programs are tied to this trojan program, I would steer clear away from it.

9. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I would avoid WinSoftware like the plague it is!

10. Astronomy

Astronomy Registered Member

it's complelety not a Anti-Spyware program,definitely it's spyware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.