WINAMP

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by snake75, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snake75

snake75 Registered Member

Not sure where to post this topic, but is anyone else havin trouble with Winamp, i cant get it to work after the last few days, keeps saying it has encountered an error and has to close, have tried re-installin and still wont work!

any ideas pplo_O

2. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Hi snake75

I'm afraid you haven't given much information to go on.
    Winamp is still working on my machine, and if it weren't it probably wouldn't be much help to you anyway since the problems wouldn't likely be related. You've got a Winamp problem on your machine and the best bet is to consider what's going on on your machine so that we can get it fixed.

Was Winamp working well until recently?
    Have you installed any new software or patches that would correspond with it not working anymore?
    At what point does Winamp fail? Do you start it up from the WInamp icon, or are you launching it by clicking on an MP3, or inserting a CD in your machine?
    Have you tried playing different kinds of files, even CD's? Perhaps WINAMP is okay but some or your MP3's are corrupted.
    What version of Winamp are your using? What other media players do you have installed?
    Did you perform a full uninstall before reinstalling? Did you try installing the latest version?

My guess with little to go on is that there is some sort of conflict with some other application. With a little investigation we can probably get it to work, but at worst you could try a different player (like quintessential player).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.