Win7 x64 (minor) issues/observations --- Found Issue

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by GrumpyAeroGuy, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrumpyAeroGuy

GrumpyAeroGuy Registered Member

I have isolated what causes the intermittent cyclic backup crash from the wizard.

As a reminder:

View attachment 213233

As long as I do NOT specify a particular account to run the backup from and leave it to run in the account from which the cyclic backup was created (the default radio button), or, ignore the account settings functionality in the wizard, I can schedule cyclic backups all day long --- no issues.

The minute I specify an account, the crash shown above happens... on my machine, at least.

Just FYI... hope this helps.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello GrumpyAeroGuy,

We scheduled the cyclic backup with a login on our Win 7 64bit, and it was fine. So I'm still scratching my head about this one.

3. GrumpyAeroGuy

hmmm... I believe ya.

Heck, just trying to help out.

Well, on my installation, at least, i can reliably re-create this issue at will, and it's only when I specify an account to specifically to run the cyclic backup. Otherwise, it just hums along seamlessly without an account specified.

Well, the relevant particulars on my machine are

Win7Pro 64, RTM;
    Disk Director Suite & Drive Back Up Pro installed together along with the Adaptive Restore add-on app;
    Administrator Account;
    Restore Points OFF;
    UAC OFF;

ASUS motherboard. AMD Phenom quad core 64, 8Gb Ram
    Win7 on partition 2 on HDD1. XP64 on partition 1 on HDD1.
    Paragon Boot Loader installed to control both OSs.

At time of scheduling backup, Partition 1 is hidden (of course) and Win7 is booting off Partition 2 which is, of course, primary and active.

The GOOD news is that I can now avoid the issue. The GOOD news is that this is a machine that doesn't have multiple users, and the "account to run from" ism't an issue or show stopper.

But, it's clearly related to account specification in the wizard. If there is anything else I can do to trouble shoot (like a hidden debug/log dump switch, or something) let me know. Happy to try to help. I too am a little miffed as to what is going on.

In any case, NOT a show stopper by any means. Just one of those things I guess.

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Thank you very much for your findings. I will certainly forward this to our management and developers to include as a 'hotfix' in future builds.

5. GrumpyAeroGuy

Drive BU 10, no cyclic backup issues on scheduling, account or no account specified...

Nice...

Seems "smoother" overall. Very nice....

Still playing with it. Looks like the mount drive functionality is still not 64bit ready (?)... works great on 32 bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.