Win7 Desktop Icon Problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by whitedragon551, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Ive been installing the drivers for my Asus M50SV-A1 laptop. It came with Win Vista x86 preinstalled. I put Win7x64 Pro on it. Asus doesnt have a driver CD for Win7 for this model laptop so I had to check their forums for instructions. I went through everything and everything is good.

My issue is that I have Rocketdock installed. I have right clicked the desktop and de-selected show desktop icons. When I restart the box will be unchecked, but the icons will be back. Ive tried deleting the registry key and rebooting and it still happens.

2. Dark_Hanzo

Dark_Hanzo Registered Member

3. whitedragon551

Did to no avail. I also tried the registry edit. Im pretty sure it was caused by one of the Asus drivers. I uninstalled all of the Asus tools and they no longer come back.

4. whitedragon551

Fixed it. I started removing Asus drivers. It was the Power4Gear Hybrid and the Power4Gear eXtreme power plan program. I installed the Hybrid version first and that was the initial cause so I tried the other Win7x64 compatible P4G software which is the eXtreme flavor and that also caused the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.