Win32/Virut.NBP

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Kontsnor, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kontsnor

Kontsnor Registered Member

My Computer got a little sick lately.:(

It has gained the Win32/Virut.NBP.

I tried the CD NOD can create... I tried everything I could think off.... Except reformatting, because I have loads of files (Including EXE's) which can't be deleted. And as my research has shown me, I should NOT back up executable files... So there lies my problem.

I am running Win Vista Home Premium SP1.
    Latest updates.
    NOD32 4.0. Latest database.

I hope someone can (try to) help me.:)
    Code:
    {[i]HJT log snipped as per [url=http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=180057]policy[/url] - Blue}[/i]

Grtz Kontsnor.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009
  2. e36

e36 Registered Member

3. Kontsnor

added HJT log, hope this helps someone to help me.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

As far as I can remember (not 100% sure but 99% :D) , I have seen this virus and NOD32 was able to clean the infected files. It infects executables and also corrupts your Windows ability to execute them even cleaned . HijackThis won't be needed nor it will help you .

You may need to use FixExe utility from here

Symantec Norton Removal tool

You say you have used ESET SysRecue ... didn't it clean the infected files ? If not , I think you should either contact Customer Care or post in a forum that provides Malware cleaning services (WildersSecurity is not such a forum).

5. tipo

tipo Registered Member

i had virut too...dr.web cureit! did a good job for me and kaspersky too... they do not delete it.they clean the virut and leave the .exes alone.and i did not reformat...even avira was patched by virut...i gave up avira and bought kaspersky... :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009
  6. Eagle Creek

Eagle Creek Global Moderator

Hi amirul,

I will delete the HJT-log due to the fact Wilders Security stopped giving HijackThis log cleaning support. You can read why in this announcement.
    In the announcement you can also find several websites that still provide help with HijackThis logs.

Also: most of the Virut-infections can't be removed without a reformat.

7. Kontsnor

Thanks mate, so far it seems to work... Lets hope this will fix all of my problems.

After this scan is finished, I will try the fix exe thingy. I will report back how good it did work. :)

UPDATE:

It seems that the program tipo mentioned (dr. web cureit) has removed all of my infections. I will run it one last time, and afterwards NOD32, to check if it truly is gone. If so, I'll use the ExE fixer.

Thanks for your help mates :)

UPDATE 2:

It seems my PC is clean now... But the FixExe utility didn't work. It seems the only programs which seem to malfunction are using .Net Framework. The application failed to initialize 0xc000007b. I'll try reinstalling the framework again, and othherwise I will ask you guys for help if you don't mind it :)

Grtz Kontsnor

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.