Win32/trojanDownloader.Zlob trojan

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Deja, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deja

Deja Registered Member

(Blackspear settings) !!!

During a surf NOD32 reported (in a small window near the systray) "Possible variant of Win32/trojanDownloader.Zlob trojan detected, please send to Eset".
    I sent it right away. Must have been the IMON shield correct?

Anyway, when I look in Quarantine there is nothing there?
    When I look at the Threat Log it shows up!

Please advise if this is normal for NOD32, and also specify if I need to do anything extra?

Where DID the trojan go?

Regards,
    Deja

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi ! If your settins follow BS's tutorial , then NOD32's IMON is on higher efficency with your browser (better integration) . This window near the system tray is the download window which NOD32 indicated.

Since BS's settings are set to automatically terminate the connection , this trojan has never touched your PC so the connection was automatically terminated and you are safe ! I think this has automatically been sent to ESET labs .

What else you have to do ? Nothing special .
    Make sure your NOD32 is updated. The latest signature version is 1.1718
    Open NOD32 Control Center -> NOD32 -> Run NOD32 -> mark your hard drives and push Scan&Clean

I would also recommend you scan with Ad-Aware se Personal

Regards! :thumb:

3. Deja

Deja Registered Member

OK.
    This is why there is nothing showing up in the quaratine (the trojan never touched the machine)?

The little window (just a white one like the one that comes up notifying of a virus database update) did allow me to tick a box in order to automatically send future viruses to Eset.
    However I didn't choose this option as I like to see whats going on.

I am using SAS PRO with real-time protection + spywareblaster + IE SPYAD + IE Privacy Keeper + NAT router with firewall + ZA free for outbound application protection.

All good?

Regards,
    Deja

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , that's right

No problem . I never use my NOD32 on Higher efficency because my IE6 goes mad but this popup must have been from NOD32 :)

Yes , seems ok.

Perform full scan with NOD32 just to be absolutely sure and be more careful internet surfer :D :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.