Win32/TrojanDownloader.Small.GL Detected But Not Cleaned

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Mihov, Jul 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mihov

Mihov Guest

Win32/TrojanDownloader.Small.GL Detected But Not Cleaned

Time Module Object Name Virus Action User Info
    18/07/2004 12.10.37 AMON file C:\DOCUME~1\Mic\IMPOST~1\Temp\tc$11966\start.exe Win32/TrojanDownloader.Small.GL trojan error while deleting - error while deleting - error occured while quarantining the object - - error while deleting

I already did a full scan , with the same result , i reboted and run a full scan again but now NOD32 don't find anything. Its the Trojan gone or i still have it on my pc ?

2. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Hi
    Try a scan with pc in safe mode this should allow the trojan to be deleted(if it isn't already)as the file it is infecting wont be in use

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Usually, when AMON detects a virus in a temporary folder, access to the file is blocked and the system delets it automatically in the meantime. Therefore, if you choose to delete it, you'll get an error deleting the file. With the new IMON and HTTP scanner introduced in the beta, you shouldn't come accross this problem.

4. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

What if you choose not to use IMON or the HTTP scanner? Will I still have this problem? I thought this was an AMON problem so I am confused as to how IMON got into the pot.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The problem is that any resident protection (in this instance AMON) can detect a virus after it's been written to the disk, however, any further malicious action is blocked. By contrast, the HTTP scanner would block the file before it was actually written to the disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.