Win32/Toolbar.AskSBar application - FP?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Caine, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caine

Caine Registered Member

The following, in quarantine must be a false positive. It went into quarantine a while ago [16/01/2009 23:58:34], and i only noticed it was there today. The file is very old and nothing appeared in any scan until now.

Filename - C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Nero 7 Premium Reloaded\Nero-7.10.1.0_eng_trial.exe

Reason - Win32/Toolbar.AskSBar application

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

No, it's actually an unwanted application (toolbar that installs into browsers). You can disable AMON or unwanted applications while installing Nero. I'd strongly recommend upgrading to v3 or v4 Release Candidate. V4 notifies about unwanted/unsafe applications by a yellow window and allows you to select a desired action.

3. Caine

Caine Registered Member

I've actually had a lot of trouble with v3 as you can see here, so I've stuck with v2.7.

Now I know what the issue is I'll probably just dump Nero instead. It's becoming a really horribly bloated app that my old set-up is struggling with, and I'd prefer something leaner like imgburn.

Thanks marcos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.