Win32.Polipos virus Panda Anti Virus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Patriots, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patriots

Patriots Registered Member

Below is an email I sent to Panda

My system was infected with Win32.Polipos virus. I have Panda Platinum Internet Security 2005 installed with the latest updates. The program found the Win32.Polipos virus but couldn't stop it and is not able to remove it. The best it could do was to rename the file but the virus just kept spreading.
    So I downloaded DrWeb (Cure It) and ran it on the system. It was able to actually remove the virus and stop it from spreading. :D

Panda just seem to make the matter worst as it would rename important windows files making them unusable and eventually shutting down windows. This virus seem to be able to attack Panda itself. Lucky for me I make offline backups of my hard drive using Acronis True Image

By the way because I subscribe to Comcast High speed Internet Service I get a free copy of McAfee Antivirus I installed it after Panda failed but it didn't even detect The virus. This as of yesterday and McAfee still can't detect it. o_O :mad: Has this thing not been around long enough.

I want to stay with Panda maybe your new version Panda Platinum Internet Security 2006 is actually able to eliminate Win32.Polipos if so please let me know so I can buy the new version.

The reason I am writing to you is that I don't want this to happen to any one else

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  2. jon123

jon123 Registered Member

--------Off Topic response---------

(Sorry but I can't seem to find an answer at Panda, so
    I thought I'd ask a user, I have the same vesion of Panda)

Can virus def.s be downloaded seperately? (By a registered user)

I have a family member who transfers files from the web to a computer not connected to the web, so if it can't be done I'll have to get something else.

BTW, Panda does seem to put a high proiority on collected personal info from customers before allowing updates, or even use of their products (free for Linux Panda), which I find highly intrusive and objectionable. cost=purchase price+irrelevant private info- IMHO the supplied registration code should be sufficient, req. for private info should be illegal

3. TiX

TiX Registered Member

ask Kaspersky to make a curing.. then they will add it or use drweb cureit

4. Patriots

Patriots Registered Member

If you go here you can dowload a ziped file with the latest definitions

http://www.pandasoftware.com/download/updates/?sitepanda=particulares

5. arleetel

arleetel Registered Member

Have the same version of Panda.
    The virus was detected and removed, but the concerned exe file was installed on the computer and was not detected in the installed program file.
    Disabled system restore and ran an other scan and nothing was found any more. Does that mean my system is clean ?
    This is all rather confusing to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.