Win32/Polip

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by taneal1, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taneal1

taneal1 Registered Member

Nod32 v2.7 seems to think that dozens of my files are infected with the virus "Win 32/Polip". e.g. regedit.exe; notepad.exe, etc. It is unable to "clean" them, so it asks to delete.

The latest versions of Spyware Doctor, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Super Anti-Spyware Pro and Trojan Remover do NOT detect this virus.

If these virus detections are in error, is there any way to stop the scanner from halting every few seconds when one of these Polip viruses is detectedo_O

Thanks for any thoughts...

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Spyware Doctor , MBAM , SAS , etc are all anti-malware/anti-spyware programs . Polip is a virus . So they can't detect viruses and you can't expect them detected viruses/file infectors.

If NOD32 is unable to clean this virus , you can temporary disable AMON , restore 10-20 files from the Quarantine , send them to archive (password protected) and send it to ESET support@eset.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2009
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The correct email address for submitting samples is samples[at]eset.com. Please use something like "Polip virus - cleaner needed" in the subject and enclose a link to this thread as well.

After cleaning out the virus, I'd strongly recommend that you install EAV v3 or better v4 beta.

4. taneal1

taneal1 Registered Member

Thanks Marcos, I will send a sample.

So these files actually ARE infected?

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.