Win32/Olmarik.TDK4 trojan

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by lnxliz, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lnxliz

lnxliz Registered Member

(Actually called Win32/Olmarik.TDL4 trojan). Another trojan that ESET detects but can't do anything with. I love ESET but why can't these be dealt with without having to go to the online scanner, or some other utility? And this one causes BSOD's.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  2. zloyDi

zloyDi Registered Member

Can you try this?
    -http://download.eset.com/special/EOlmarikRemover.exe-
    -http://download.eset.com/special/EOlmarikTdl4Cleaner.exe-

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2013
  3. lnxliz

lnxliz Registered Member

Well no I didn't. I used Kasperky Rescue CD to take care of it but that's my point. Why, if ESET can detect it, can't it clean it/delete it within the client software? Why the need for an additional utility?

4. er34

er34 Guest

Most probably it got detected after it was too late and the threat has taken control of the machine. After that it is usually difficult to get the pest out and the easiest way is to turn off the current OS (Windows) and to use another OS (e.g. Kaspersky's Linux disk) to check and remove active malware from the first OS (Windows).

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

No anti-virus product is capable of detecting and cleaning !00% | all the time.

For special cases - such as these, ESET has an extensive list of stand-alone cleaners.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.