win32/delf.PTN

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by SunRui, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SunRui

SunRui Registered Member

Hi, anyone can help that if my file server is a windows 2008 64Bit OS, and one of my share folder nonstop to be hided, and some .EXE files with folder icon nonstop to be created. ESET constantly to alert them. what should I do for this? I guess it must be some infected machine in my local network, but how cut the spread? o_O

2. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

If you are not sure whether the file is infected,try this:http://www.virustotal.com/

Upload it and you will know whether is false positive or not.

3. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi SunRui,

Here are some recommendations:

1. Change the password of the account on all affected computers.

2. Close any open network shares or those accessible with weak passwords.

3. Now the best way to clean out the infection on a network would be unplugging all potentially infected computer from network and running a full system scan through ESET from a clean media.

I'd recommend to use ESET SysRescue for this. Below you'll find all necessary steps:

How do I use ESET SysRescue to create a bootable USB flash drive, CD or DVD?

How do I use my ESET SysRescue CD or USB flash drive to scan and clean my system?

4. Once disinfected, you can plug the PC to the network again, create network shares with strong passwords, etc.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.