Win32/Adware.UltimateDefender

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Papa Smurf, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf Registered Member

So, I've been recently hit by this Adware/spyware. It was quarantined by NOD32 v3.0. I noticed NOD was blocking addresses from connecting till my computer just restarted itself. I rebooted it up and I managed to find the problem that was causing all of it and it was file "brastk.exe" I disabled/deleted it from sysem32 and opened regedit to check if there was any startup and no there wasn't.
    Code:
    11/1/2008 9:48:08 PM	Real-time file system protection	file	C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\figaro.sys	Win32/Adware.UltimateDefender application	cleaned by deleting - quarantined	NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM	Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\wJQs.exe.
    I then ran SysInspector and didnt find any "brastk.exe, figaro.sys, karna.dat, and wJQs.exe". Think I'm safe or still infected?

Edit:I just realized this might be in the wrong forum section. If so, I'm sorry if a mod can move this to the right section thanks.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  2. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hello, if you don't see unknown or suspicious files, then your pc should be clean. If you want, you can visit some special forums.

3. DooGie

DooGie Registered Member

Kosak why did you bother to post that link?
    Surely direct links to the sites that do analyze hjt logs would have been better in your post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.